I'm using ernie ball wonder wipes to clean my fretboard...but even if i wipe them off, some of the oil stays on and while playing it gets onto my strings...will that cause any problem to the strings ??
No mOre than the oil and acid from ur fingers
Originally Posted by ibanez_guru
ARE YOU TONE ******ED??????

Thats not a dig either, its a serious question!!!!!!!!!

Quote by gregs1020
well i did sit 5th row for the who in '82.

ears are still ringing a bit.
Quote by ibanez_guru
No mOre than the oil and acid from ur fingers

i don't take acid, but sometimes i sweat
Quote by g0dd4rd
i don't take acid, but sometimes i sweat

U should. It's awesome.

Quote by gregs1020

HAHA, wtf.

But yeh, your sweat is alkaline and with with time corrode your skin. Oil is generally a good protectant for metal. Although I do not know what ingredients are in the earnie ball wipes but im sure it wont harm your strings. I feel they already know that people will be using their product with the strings on the guitar otherwise they would probably put a warniing label on it. Check for the ingredients if they have them stated, most of those so called fretboard conditioners are no more than glorified lemon oil and some other stuff.

Some people dont realize that the main ingredient in WD-40 is fish oil, and it works great for preserving raw untreated metal from rust. I know a few guys that lightly wipe their strings with WD-40 from time to time to clean them and they say it makes them last longer. I dont see why it wouldnt help as long as your not soaking them down.

And as for the Acid, we are talking about fretboard wipes guys, who knows maybe this is some younger kid you are speaking too, try being a little more conscience about who you may be speaking to on the net.
Strings are easily replaced, fretboards are not. Take care of the fretboard and quit worrying about strings so much. As already stated, they know what they're doing, all is OK, now go play.
Quote by Mad78
HAHA, wtf.

And as for the Acid, we are talking about fretboard wipes guys, who knows maybe this is some younger kid you are speaking too, try being a little more conscience about who you may be speaking to on the net.

Quote by gregs1020

Quote by IbanezBossShred
Strings are easily replaced, fretboards are not. Take care of the fretboard and quit worrying about strings so much. As already stated, they know what they're doing, all is OK, now go play.

+1

I replace the strings every month.