So, a guy is selling an used Schecter Tempest Custom and claims it's the new model with ebony fretboard and original Seymour Duncan pickups. The old model has rosewood fretboard and Duncan Designed pickups. How do I recognize the model? Judging from pictures online I figured out the new model has written "TEMPEST CUSTOM" on the truss rod cover, while the old one has only "CUSTOM". Am I right?

NOTE: the pickups are covered humbuckers and there's no text on them, please don't tell me "Just read if the text says Seymour Duncan or Duncan Designed.".
I believe I have found said pictures you are referring to and I would agree about the truss rod cover.

Asking for more pictures would probably help, or maybe a serial number...
Current Gear
-----------------
Washburn WI66 Pro //
Ibanez Prestige SA1260 //
Schecter C1 Blackjack //
Fernandes Ravelle Elite //
Wahburn HB35 Semi-Hollowbody
Blackstar HT40
Quote by Poglia
So, a guy is selling an used Schecter Tempest Custom and claims it's the new model with ebony fretboard and original Seymour Duncan pickups. The old model has rosewood fretboard and Duncan Designed pickups. How do I recognize the model? Judging from pictures online I figured out the new model has written "TEMPEST CUSTOM" on the truss rod cover, while the old one has only "CUSTOM". Am I right?

NOTE: the pickups are covered humbuckers and there's no text on them, please don't tell me "Just read if the text says Seymour Duncan or Duncan Designed.".

Uh... the ebony fretboard you mentioned maybe
Quote by W4RP1G
Uh... the ebony fretboard you mentioned maybe
How do I recognize if it's ebony? I know it's darker than rosewood, but a picture may look darker than reality.
Quote by Poglia
How do I recognize if it's ebony? I know it's darker than rosewood, but a picture may look darker than reality.

Are you buying it from eBay?
Well, he's obligated to tell the truth if he's on eBay. If he sends you the older model, you may be able to get a refund for the difference between going rates of the new model vs old model. If that's not worth it to you, you could probably send it back and get a full refund, but it will likely be a hassle.

Other than that, yes, ebony is usually died solid black, while rosewood is a lighter color(sometimes not by much though) with wood grains showing(again, may be hard to tell).

Look at his feedback, see if he's sold other items and if people are satisfied. If he has good feedback and he says it's legit, I'd give him the benefit of the doubt. If you still want more proof, you can always email him questions about it and get the serial number.