Hope this in the right place.
I've just bought a SilverFace Twin Reverb (£190!) with the knowledge that new preamp tubes would be needed for it.

I've no experience of buying any tubes before, so I'm wondering whether the following would be what I need, for as low a price as possible:

2 x JJ - Ecc81/12AT7
4 x JJ - Ecc83s/12AX7

£50 from Hot Rox UK. Are these decent options?

Cheers.
Unless I was to use NOS valves those are what I'd put in it. Solid choices.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Seems like a good choice to me. You didn't need to post this thread in two subforums though.
RIP Gooze

cats
Quote by mulefish
Seems like a good choice to me. You didn't need to post this thread in two subforums though.

My bad. I've deleted the other.

This is inside the amp, so how are those I've mentioned the same as these?

Also, what should I look for if I went the NOS route? Do they tend to cost more?
I've googled about a bit to find some stuff and not really found much, but what I've had here has already been helpful.
Now that you've gotten some authoritative, useful answers, I'd just like to say HNAD!
Quote by Boav
My bad. I've deleted the other.

This is inside the amp, so how are those I've mentioned the same as these?

Also, what should I look for if I went the NOS route? Do they tend to cost more?

Those are all 12AX7 variants. Technically you could throw all 12AX7s in there just fine. The 12AT7s are just a lower gain version. The 7025 is just a low noise 12AX7 Fender used, but any 12AX7 will do.

NOS are definitely more expensive. Check the 'Everything you need to know about tubes' sticky for some breakdowns on which to look out for.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
A JJ ECC803 is the closest thing you'll get to a 7025 but I wouldn't put them in a Twin because they have a tendency to go microphonic. They are a long plate Tesla valve (JJ is the continuation of the old Tesla brand - same factory)
The two 12AT7's in those are for the phase inverter and the reverb driver. On a SF Twin the reverb driver isn't a cathode follower so gain does become a bit of an issue. A 12AX7 will pump too much into the reverb tank and you can't alter what goes in, only what comes out so it won't have quite the same creamy reverb that a 12AT7 will produce. Having said that though, SRV used a 5751 in that position which has 90% of the gain of a 12AX7 and it produced a sound that he preferred.
In the phase inverter you can pretty much run anything. This is somewhere that a nice 5751 like a JAN Phillips will really shine. If you want classic SF tones use the JJ 12AT7. They really are great valves and will get you closer to the tones produced by the old tubes that those things came out with than any other current production valve. Don't listen to the "they are too dark" smeg. In a Twin they are perfect.
You can always haunt Ebay looking for NOS tubes to play with down the road. I recommend that you sort out the best sound with modern valves first to set a baseline sound that you can always replicate at a moment's notice if you blow a valve. Experiment with NOS tubes as a hobby down the track if you like but for now, load that sucka up with JJ's.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
OK. On this Hot Rox website, looks like I can get 2 EH 12AX7s and 2 jJ 12AT7s for £35, with a free clip on tuner. This seems like the best deal going I think, and based on reccomendations here, it'll sound pretty good, and give me slightly more distortion than putting anything in v1. I've definitely no need for Vibrato.

The Carlsbro speaker is a browny/maroon colour, if that helps?
THe EHXs are probably worse for microphonics than JJs.

Musikding does JJs for cheaper than hotrox fyi.

Id deffinately reccomend some 5751s too. Hotrox sell some EHX gold pin 5751s, theyre pricey but seem promisiing.
Cheers! I'm gonna go for JJ 12AX7s and 12AT7s from Musikding now.