So lately I've come to realize that good intentions don't necessarily inspire discipline. Over the last few years I've started things and utterly failed to follow them through. These include (but are not limited to) teaching myself the tin whistle, teaching myself the piano, watching every film in the IMDB Top 250 and trying to exercise regularly.

It's easy to start things but it's even easier to lose interest somewhere along the way. Or maybe I just lack commitment. I'm hoping writing these things down will provide some sort of clarity and tangibility to the goals.

What are some things that you guys have really wanted to accomplish; starting along the journey and then wandering off the track somewhere down the line? I recently created a YouTube channel dedicated to visual puns which I'm hoping to post regularly on, purely for my own self-satisfaction. I'm hoping this is one idea I stick to.

So please, tell me your stories and perhaps it will inspire you to go that extra mile in accomplishing your bite-sized goals (while we all wait to become famous musicians, actors, writers and media personalities, of course).
I blogged for a total of 3 days. Success.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
I wanted to be a bike vlogger on youtube.. ..then lost interest as soon as I got a mountable camera.
I also draw a lot of vector art and wanted to make an ABC mildly-disturbing childrens book for giggles but lost interest by the time I got to C.

I don't really have much determniation anymore
Almost everything I start ends shortly after.

This doesn't really help motivate anyone.
There's a good chance that what I've written above is useless and if you take any of the advice it's your own fault.
*rose-colored soapbox*

You're the only one who can motivate yourself, the only one who can make yourself follow through, but it's important to know you can do it. Just have to break your larger goals down into smaller ones. Even something as silly as the iMDB top 250: I'll watch #250-245 this week. For the piano: I'll learn how to read sheet music this week, starting with reading rhythms, and moving on to notes if possible. Next week, notes, and I'll learn a scale. Make yourself make progress every day before doing something else you enjoy. Today for me it's no Bad Company until I've had a skate.

You learn to feel accomplishment as you reach those small goals. It just compounds when you hit a big milestone.

*/rose-colored soap box*

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

I tried to read your long post, but gave up half way through...

more helpfully, i've found the best way to meet goals is not to make them in the first place. it's more relaxing like that. I've learned a lot on guitar even though i never really make goals other than just learning a bit of a song. it keeps things easy
Quote by ErikLensherr
It's threads like this that separate grammar Nazis from only mildly anti-Semitic grammar conservatives.
I tried to do the IMDB thing.... I got to about 10 and got bored. I think I'm gonna try again.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

I just spent a over a year writing all the parts of an album, and my band wrapped recording in June. It was a lot of work to write and work everything out, but the feeling of it coming together is amazing.
Quote by blake1221
I just spent a over a year writing all the parts of an album, and my band wrapped recording in June. It was a lot of work to write and work everything out, but the feeling of it coming together is amazing.

Blake, this is supposed to be about things that you started but never finished.

Thanks for making the rest of us feel inadequate

you should have never told me how much you hate this emoticon, because the only time I use it is in spite of you :3
I was going to write a shopping list, but then I was like "meh". I still have twenty minutes for the bus, though.
When some stranger on the internet says it is so, it must be so.