Hello Pit,

I'm going on a vacation to Ireland for a week, I leave tomorrow morning.
There will be 5 of us and we rented a nice car so we can tour around on our own a bit!
We'll be doing Dublin, Kells, Tullamore, Kilkenny, and our last stop is Bray.

We've prepared our trip pretty well: Whiskey tastings, Temple Bar, visit some castles & caves ect.

Now my question to you is: is there ANYTHING in that region of Ireland one who visits MUST have seen or done?

Advice is greatly appreciated^^

Greetings,
Wouter
I fell asleep on my arm once, scariest thing that ever happened to me. I thought it was kill.
Guinness from the Guinness brewery in Dublin. DO IT.
An Augmented 4th or a Diminished 5th?

Quote by I.O.T.M
You, fine sir, have impeccable taste.

Ahhhh Yuck Fou.
Quote by Lord Waltaa
Hello Pit,

I'm going on a vacation to Ireland for a week, I leave tomorrow morning.
There will be 5 of us and we rented a nice car so we can tour around on our own a bit!
We'll be doing Dublin, Kells, Tullamore, Kilkenny, and our last stop is Bray.

We've prepared our trip pretty well: Whiskey tastings, Temple Bar, visit some castles & caves ect.

Now my question to you is: is there ANYTHING in that region of Ireland one who visits MUST have seen or done?

Advice is greatly appreciated^^

Greetings,
Wouter

Tullamore and Kells are kips. Consider Galway or Belfast instead perhaps. Kilkenny and Dublin are great. Definitely do Kilkenny.

If you go to Temple Bar head to the Porterhouse bar there, they don't serve Guinness but their own beer is better.
Also, consider the Guinness brewery tour, it's worth the cash.

If you're into Literature (or just beer) the Dublin Literary Pub Crawl is a good idea:
http://www.dublinpubcrawl.com/
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
DO yourself a favour and dont come to belfast! Im outta here as soon as my degree is done!
Gear:
Wasburn x-40w/floyd roseOFR
Swineshead venom+warthog pups
Kustom 100 wt quad DFX,Boss MT-2,Ibanez TS-7
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.
Go to the palace bar in temple bar, probably the best traditional pub I've ever been to. I hear the guiness tour in Dublin is pretty good too.
multicolour random messge!

FAC 13
"The hacienda must be rebuilt"
Quote by metaldud536
My word, that's an ugly website.

Ya I know, which is a pity because it's apparently a really good tour.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by Donkey_Punch
Definitely do Galway

Seriously, do this.
Quote by Kumanji
How about you don't insult my friend's dead mum, you prick.

Quote by JDawg
Too be he had to be a dick about his crayons.
Quote by Dawginator
Guinness from the Guinness brewery in Dublin. DO IT.

YES!! THIS!! I went to Ireland my senior year in high school and went to the Guinness brewery. Also went to the Dublin Castle, which was really cool. Ireland has some of the coolest, most hospitable people I've ever met too.
Quote by Donkey_Punch
Definitely do Galway

Yes. Great place for a session, lovely bouncers too. I was an absolute mess in the Rosin Dubh last new years and the bouncers were A1.
multicolour random messge!

FAC 13
"The hacienda must be rebuilt"
Quote by bulldozerbob
Drive round the Ring of Kerry, I went there this summer, it's really awesome.

also this.
Quote by Kumanji
How about you don't insult my friend's dead mum, you prick.

Quote by JDawg
Too be he had to be a dick about his crayons.
Alright, I'll check it all out, thanks for the tips !!

Quote by ng117
Last stop is Bray? Really?

Yep, Why?
Do you happen to live there?^^
I fell asleep on my arm once, scariest thing that ever happened to me. I thought it was kill.
powerscourt is very nice. if you're in bray it should be within 10-15 miles of you (if even as much as that, i forget exactly but it's in north wicklow, as is bray iirc).

they used it in the count of monte cristo film with jim caviezel.

EDIT: you'll probably think it's lame if you're into pub crawls and that type of stuff, but i liked it
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Aye, gonna have to agree with every other Irish person here and say Galway and Belfast are both worth a look.
Quote by Pagan-Pie
Come to Northern Ireland, it's better.

I agree.
You can't come to Ireland and sample the delight that is 'up north'.

Quote by x0rsist
DO yourself a favour and dont come to belfast! Im outta here as soon as my degree is done!

Don't insult my lovely home.
And what degree are you doing dude? I'm in BSc Music Tech at Queens.
Quote by Casketcreep
Don't insult my lovely home.
And what degree are you doing dude? I'm in BSc Music Tech at Queens.

My friend is doing that at Queen's. What year are you?
It's no longer complimentary.
It's became such a prominent theme that they've turned it into a tourist attraction. It's sometimes up to £20 per knee.

Scandalous.

@Pagan, I'm first year.
Kiss the Blarney Stone. Seriously. That shit is magical!
Music is an art form that celebrates potential. So long as you're looking for it, you'll always find it.
Quote by Casketcreep
It's no longer complimentary.
It's became such a prominent theme that they've turned it into a tourist attraction. It's sometimes up to £20 per knee.

Scandalous.

hehe
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Mr.Pink101
Kiss the Blarney Stone. Seriously. That shit is magical!

I hear the locals piss on it.