I have that problem with recording. for some reason when I hit the start button I just mess up some stupid easy note somewhere along the way Id never mess up live or whatever. its just the added pressure of doing it I think. same thing made me take like 5 attempts to pass my driving test lol.

but if your talking about tests not being based off practice, then no, I havent had that happen, but I would guess they'd try to make the assessments (either in classes or a book) based off of lessons but not exactly the same to make sure your sight reading and understanding of the concepts are good enough to be used in situations not covered in the examples, as theres bunches of ways to notate the same things for different reasons. I messed up my music theory homework on intervals by putting in the natural notes in some cases where I shouldve used a double sharp or flat.
Gear:

Jackson dk2m
MIM strat
peavey jsx 2x12 combo
Recording King RDC-26
Digitch RP1000
Crybaby 535Q
I used to struggle with this for years, Im actually laughing at how much I used to say this same exact thing, totally understandable. I was a Jazz guitar major and my guitar teacher was extremely intimidating not only when it came to the assessments but pretty much anytime (Ken Karsh, check him on youtube, or http://www.kenkarshsite.com/kenkarshsite.com/Home.html, hes literally amazing).

The only advice he would ever give to me when I complained about screwing up for no reason was "well, just don't **** up" and I used to get so pissed when He'd say this because it didn't help at all.....

That was until one day, I realized he was completely right
It happens to pretty much everyone at some point. Just relax and play is the best advice to give right next to "dont screw up"
Quote by jkielq91
Does this happen to others to?

I can play it at home, in a lesson, or even on stage. But if its a 1 to 1 assessment it never goes as well.

Maybe you should stop assessing, and just play instead.
shred is gaudy music
Quote by GuitarMunky
Maybe you should stop assessing, and just play instead.

I think he means that he's getting assessed in a 1-on-1 situation, not that he's the one doing the assessing.
^ Well if he's talking about some sort of test in front of his teacher, that's fairly normal and teachers take it into consideration. nothing to worry about.

if he's talking about in front of people, as in performing.... same thing. everybody gets nervous.
don't worry about it. Play yer guitar.
shred is gaudy music
I agree, but it can definitely take some time to get accustomed to being tested by a teacher. The confidence comes with experience and just doing it a lot. An understanding teacher also helps lol. From personal experience of high school band class - there are certainly some teachers that you'd rather NOT get tested by.

Same thing goes for playing live in front of people. You'll get used to it after a while.
Its odd. I don't know what really happened.

The teachers really lade back and calming, I didn't feel nervous, I nailed it several times before entering the room, but my fingers just went to the places. I started and finished well, just wobbled in the middle.
Quote by jkielq91
Its odd. I don't know what really happened.

The teachers really lade back and calming, I didn't feel nervous, I nailed it several times before entering the room, but my fingers just went to the places. I started and finished well, just wobbled in the middle.

You got nervous because you care about what the teacher thinks.

Happens to most people. it generally gets easier with experience. You'll still care but you'll have more confidence.
shred is gaudy music
Quote by GuitarMunky
You got nervous because you care about what the teacher thinks.

Happens to most people. it generally gets easier with experience. You'll still care but you'll have more confidence.

You know what, I think your spot on. I have one teacher who I feel far dissapointed with if I make a mistake because he has helped me improve so much.