Everyone say that they are just a bunch of wah, whammy and random-sweeps, but in my opinion there ARE some good slayer solos.
Some examples are in the songs Born of Fire, The Flesh Storm, War Ensemble, South of Heaven...

I mean, they are dissonant and full of dull passages but some really fits the song, for example the last part of Angel of Death sound like human screams in the holocaust.

I can't understand notes hearing them, and probably they play really random sometimes, and they aren't great or incredible but they are good to me.

Your opinion?
Slayer suxs. Megallica rulz
Guitars:
- Gibson SG Standard
- Lag Roxane 500
- Eastwood Hi-Flyer
- Takamine EG523

Amplifiers:
- Jet City JCA50H
- George Dennis 60Watt The Blue Combo
- Marshall SuperBass 100Watt
I agree Mr.

...but, their last albums & solos ain`t that great..reign,south,abyss,divene,god hates us all are amaizing thou....
Well they are just Wah and Whammy and stuff, but they never fail to fit into the song. I've heard bands that make these incredible shredding solos for beautiful clean songs, and it destroys the whole song, so yes, slayers solos are good because they fit into the song. Also, their pure thrash metal solos!
Slayer solos are a complete no to me. It seems like they're more concerned speed and number of notes than actually having a good solo.
Quote by SMbassist
Slayer solos are a complete no to me. It seems like they're more concerned speed and number of notes than actually having a good solo.

A nice Satriani solo...would it fit into Slayer you think??
You plebs. Slayer became shite after 88. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a chump.

the solos are exactly what they need to be.
HESSIAN HAREM
FOR THE ADVANCEMENT OF THE HESSIAN CULTURE. STAY TRUE.
Most slayer solos are pretty mediocre but they fit in well with the type of music they write. There are a couple sort of memorable solos in SOH and SITA but otherwise they've always seemed like filler to me.

isn't there a slayer thread for this?
meh Seasons in the Abyss and South of Heaven are still awesome. agreed on the solos are what they need to be, they don't bore me and I think they fit well with the music...
as for memorable ones...
Die by the Sword, War Ensemble and Dead Skin Mask are the ones I actually like like off the top of my head... oh yeah SITA too lol

yeah@slayer thread
Quote by progbass
You plebs. Slayer became shite after 88. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a chump.

the solos are exactly what they need to be.

And you're not Rome
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
I consider Seasons to be mostly filler, save for a few good songs and that cracking title track
HESSIAN HAREM
FOR THE ADVANCEMENT OF THE HESSIAN CULTURE. STAY TRUE.
Quote by The_Flesh_Storm
Everyone say that they are just a bunch of wah, whammy and random-sweeps, but in my opinion there ARE some good slayer solos.
Some examples are in the songs Born of Fire, The Flesh Storm, War Ensemble, South of Heaven...

I mean, they are dissonant and full of dull passages but some really fits the song, for example the last part of Angel of Death sound like human screams in the holocaust.

I can't understand notes hearing them, and probably they play really random sometimes, and they aren't great or incredible but they are good to me.

Your opinion?

What's the best Slayer album?