So I've been practicing my bebop scales and they're okay - but now when it comes to improving I'm not so great. I've got some jazz CDs and I've listened to the way people solo, but at the moment I can't quite "imitate" their sound - obviously they've been practicing their instruments for quite a good number of years and I've been playing for a relatively short time. So to help me with this I thought it would be helpful to learn some nice licks just to help me
a) with note placement
b) improve my left hand coordination
NOT to learn patterns and busk off those...just in case you're wondering - more of a teaching aid.
To only trouble is that I haven't had much success in finding some good ones on the internet - or maybe I'm just looking in all the wrong places So maybe some of you can point me in the right direction as the where to look
For you guys to help me get an idea of what I'm looking for, this is the only example that I've liked that I've come across so far:

If any of you could help me find similar and/or longer example, that would be great Thanks.
It's unlikely that you'll find a lot of good examples for guitar, as it's not really a prominent instrument in jazz (or at least not as prominent as a lot of other instruments). Try transcribing licks that are played on other instruments. They will often be played differently purely because of what falls naturally on the instrument, so it can be a great way to build up some unusual phrasing!
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
try this:
http://www.bopland.org/search

but, if you buy a book go for Connect CHords with Linear Harmony--it has a ton of licks, and more importantly teaches you how and why they work and how to get a bop sound without plugging in lines.
all the best.
(insert self-aggrandizing quote here)
Quote by chantastic
Dont be a "lick player."

Licks are good for repitition, plus you can do variations on them. Which opens up your soloing alot. Of course make your own solos, but it's always good to have some ideas just incase

Quote by Gunpowder
Thrashturbating? Most metal of all ways to pleasure oneself.
Quote by maximumrocker
Licks are good for repitition, plus you can do variations on them. Which opens up your soloing alot. Of course make your own solos, but it's always good to have some ideas just incase

Trust me man. You dont wanna be a lick player. Transcribe solos, not licks