classical gas by mason williams

very popular among the finger style community. fast tempo, extremely fun to play, and people really tend to love this song.

dont try to learn the tommy emmanual cover because you will just get discouraged find something close to the original.
Blues, classical, metal. Who says you cant love all 3?
Last edited by ThatDarnDavid at Sep 19, 2011,
Craig D'Andrea is awesome! But I wouldn't say his fingerstyle technique is "advanced", but it depends on what you compare it with. Gareth Pearsons technique is advanced, Ewan Dobson's as well (both on the CandyRat label). This tune by Ewan has some unique and complex techniques (especially the sick ending half on the tune!)
Quote by Azhark
Craig D'Andrea is awesome! But I wouldn't say his fingerstyle technique is "advanced", but it depends on what you compare it with. Gareth Pearsons technique is advanced, Ewan Dobson's as well (both on the CandyRat label). This tune by Ewan has some unique and complex techniques (especially the sick ending half on the tune!)

With Craig I think it has to be him to sound like him, there really isnt a way of duplicating the way he plays but "Falling for Twelves" ( not a hard song ) but it is fun and sounds really good

Also..

Andy Mckee - Rylynn / Heather's Song / Keys to the Hovercar
ANY Ewan Dobson( He has some craaaazy hard stuff )
ANY Don Ross
Craig D'Andrea - Band Friends( Take 59) / As We Go / Bird Feeder Politics / No Way / Sleeping on Floors

if you can tell Craig is my fav..
classical gas by mason Williams is a good one I am working on that right now but Angelina by Tommy Emmanuel sounds really good too, or work on any Tommy Emmanuel songs lol
Thanks for the great suggestion guys and possibly girls x]

Also on the note of ewan dobsin or how ever you spell his name, he makes some great sounding stuff. I'll try learning rylynn if there is any good tabs it really is a beautiful song. I know I can buy the tab from candyrat but I find the price rather ridiculous :/
Last edited by demonsage at Sep 23, 2011,
Quote by demonsage
Thanks for the great suggestion guys and possibly girls x]

Also on the note of ewan dobsin or how ever you spell his name, he makes some great sounding stuff. I'll try learning rylynn if there is any good tabs it really is a beautiful song. I know I can buy the tab from candyrat but I find the price rather ridiculous :/

All the Andy Mckee tabs are free on UG... any other candyrat artists stuff is blocked and I agree the price to buy the tabs is kinda ridiculous... You should check out a guy called Derek Patton on Youtube, he's a great fingerstyle player and he gives all his tabs for free on his website!
Quote by danbell
All the Andy Mckee tabs are free on UG... any other candyrat artists stuff is blocked and I agree the price to buy the tabs is kinda ridiculous... You should check out a guy called Derek Patton on Youtube, he's a great fingerstyle player and he gives all his tabs for free on his website!

Nice I will do that. I just really want to learn some of craig d'andrea's newer stuff it is so beautiful :')
Check out the songs from Chet Atkins CD,"When Fingerpickers Took over the World" for some fingerpickin' magic.
Last edited by Guitbuilder at Sep 26, 2011,