Pete Townshend hands down. Sure hes not Hendrix, but he was easily the Hendrix of rhythm players handsdown. Not to mention a phenomenal writer.
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
11ers

but on topic, check
<- here
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
Gotta be Randy Rhoads for me, not for some real deep emotional reason, Just cos when he plays i love the sound of it... Simple as.
Gear!!!!

Fender Lonestar Stratocaster w/ Seymour Duncan pearly Gates!!!
PRS SE Custom 24 Vintage Natural
Gibson Les Paul Signature T Trans Ebony
Engl Screamer 50
Misha Monsoor
No ego-inflating quotes nor stupidly long signatures to be found here.

Move along.

Bands/Artists of the month; Marco Sfogli, Marco Sfogli and Marco Sfogli .

Quote by steve_muse
^lol'd at the sig, adj209
Randy Rhoads, Dweezil Zappa and Yngwie all have the biggest influences on me, I think. oooooo and John Mayer and SRV and Hendrix.
I'd probably go with Criss Oliva from Savatage or Eddie Van Halen. Dimebag Darrell's later 80s work was phenomenal IMO too, but his later stuff...Iunno. I've never been one for "BIG PHAT BL00Z METALZ Y'ALL"-type playing, and that's what Dime's later stuff sounds like to me(not saying he was a bad guitarist, he was still great IMO, but stylistically I really liked his 80s stuff better). Alex Lifeson from Rush and both Judas Priest's original guitarists(Richie Faulkner's a great technical player and I love his Facebook posts but I don't know of any stuff he's done outside of Priest and he's yet to record anything aside from gigs with them) are also pretty big influences on me too.
Quote by SlayingDragons
Nah, I prefer to tune lower. My tunings usually go into weird Hebrew symbols.
Hard to choose just one. Adam D, Oli Herbert, and Jeff Ling for my absolute favorites. Although I still have a couple more but I guess I'll leave it at that.
HOW HASN'T ANYONE SAID JOHN FRUSCIANTE YET????!??!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
definatly my favorite... He a musical genius and herr is so emotional in his playing!!
George Lynch and (flame shield on) Synyster Gates. im not sure why everyone gives him so much bs. I'm not a huge fan of Avenged Sevenfold, but as far as modern metal goes, Synyster, imo, has the most emotional and articulate solos.)