i'm running my xlr microphone into my mixer, then have a 1/8 cable connecting the mixer to the external microphone input on my computer. however, nothing comes through in my audio interfaces. i've tried it with reaper, audacity and kristal to no avail. if i go into the control panel the green bars next to external mic move in accordance with me testing the microphone, and when i try it on my friend's computer it works just fine. help?
perhaps you need to download a driver? they are free...
"Hey kid. You wanna cigarette?"

"No thanks! I/m already hooked on Fonicks!"

Check to make sure nothing is muted first. Line in, mic in, any of those could be muted giving you no sound.
Guitars are like my babies... except without that useless baby meat...
Quote by hardcore81
i'm running my xlr microphone into my mixer, then have a 1/8 cable connecting the mixer to the external microphone input on my computer. however, nothing comes through in my audio interfaces. i've tried it with reaper, audacity and kristal to no avail. if i go into the control panel the green bars next to external mic move in accordance with me testing the microphone, and when i try it on my friend's computer it works just fine. help?

What interface(s)? You aren't using an audio interface...

Also, just go into whichever DAW you want, and go into the audio preferences, and select the mic input/built-in input of your computer as the input.
Hey, look. Sigs are back.