I am looking for amp in the 600$ price range, no spiders, eh sound bad. I am thinking of a VK 212, 6505 112, or a Fender Mustang 212.... ill be doing small gigs without a backup with and i dont know ifa tube or valve amp you be bad for gigging without a backup. Of course i am looking fora br00tal metal tone, so im open to suggestions
the mesa combo's that came out seem really legit. I have never personally owned one, so take my advice with a grain of salt. But so far, I haven't found a single bad review on their reliability. The Mark V combo had me drooling, so I did a bunch of research.

expensive though. :/
and I've personally experienced and its known that Fender's are great, great amps, but they will surely have their day(s).
The tube Vpypr amps are quite the monster as well. Get a foot controller and you have a ton of effects, tube tone with solid state reliability.
just to add the fender is a ss but sounds better than a spider or any other ss ive played
Bugera 6262 combo! I swear by mine. I tried it against the 6505+ 112 before buying and it blew it away.

It's all you'll ever need for metal, and loud as **** - definitely giggable with room to go, but unlike the 6505, it has a beautiful clean tone as well. Not sure if you care about that, but hey, it could come it handy.

EDIT: as for Bugera's reputation for breaking... yes, it is true. Luckily, they almost all "break" in the same way, and the fix is very easy - and a one time thing. I actually picked mine up for close to nothing because it was "broken" :p
Guitars:
-Agile Interceptor Pro 7-string
-PRS SE Standard

Amps:
-Bugera 6262 2x12 combo
-B-52 AT-100

Pedals (rarely used):
-Digitech Whammy
-BBE Green Screamer OD
-Morley Bad Horsie 2 wah

Home made cabinets and cables
Last edited by J☺e at Sep 19, 2011,
6505+112 all the way. I have one at home for personal use and i have a 5150 + 4x12 cab for band stuff. While the combo doesnt have anything on its bigger brother, its still a great amp for $$$.

I DONT KNOW HOW MANY TIMES I HAVE SAID THIS BUT U NEED TO DO THE FOLLOWING:

T R Y B E F O R E Y O U B U Y ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Sorry for yelling but i have seen way to may ppl go and buy stuff that was recommended buy ppl on here and be dissapointed with what they got.

What works for one, may not be so good for another.
Originally Posted by ibanez_guru
ARE YOU TONE ******ED??????

Thats not a dig either, its a serious question!!!!!!!!!

Quote by gregs1020
well i did sit 5th row for the who in '82.

ears are still ringing a bit.
i have always leant toward the 6505 and like it's sound because ive played it in shop... but i dont want to worry about it going "poof" on stage with no backups :S
i mean if a tube dies on stage will it be a quick fix if i have spare tubes with me?
Quote by cjrguitar
i mean if a tube dies on stage will it be a quick fix if i have spare tubes with me?

If you call the 2 mins it takes 20 unscrew back panel, pull bad tube, burn fingers and insert new tube a quick fix, then yes
Originally Posted by ibanez_guru
ARE YOU TONE ******ED??????

Thats not a dig either, its a serious question!!!!!!!!!

Quote by gregs1020
well i did sit 5th row for the who in '82.

ears are still ringing a bit.
^ derp???

Quote by cjrguitar

looks like 4 screws to me. just use the microfiber cloth you have in your guitar case so you don't burn your fingers.
well. going 1.5 years and my bugera is going strong. recently it has been kept in a shed during all of august in north carolina (not really my option) with all sorts of smokin and drinking going on, and when i played it was CRANKED.

im done with that and it smells like a dump, has some faded tolex, but really its going strong. i took a whole can of AXE to it to cover up the cigarette smells.
Quote by gregs1020
^ derp???

looks like 4 screws to me. just use the microfiber cloth you have in your guitar case so you don't burn your fingers.

+1

better yet, unscrew those 4 screws and just leave that panel off. oh and leather gloves work real too and they seem to grip better than those microfiber clothes.

the amp does not need to be manually biased so you just pop in a pair of matched tubes.

PS: often times - solid state reliability is a pita to fix