Page 1 of 3
searchbarred and nothing

if its been brought up i'm sorry

saw sonething on Portnoys facebook page and had to look into it,

apparently he's suing Dream Theater

here's the court listing

MANHATTAN - Mike Portnoy claims his former bandmates in the rock band (nonparty) Dream Theater booted him out unfairly and are using the band's name unfairly. Click headline to see defendants.
Here are the defendants: John Petrucci, John Myung, James LaBrie, Jordan Rudess, Ytse Jams Inc., and Infinity Tours.

What do you guys think?

Sparxedit: http://www.courthousenews.com/2011/04/28/New_Complaints.htm
source. the courthouse notes, scroll to the bottom its 4th one up
i'm Ginger its fun
Last edited by Sparky-MMA at Sep 19, 2011,
I honestly, could not care any less than I do now.

It's just impossible.

Such an unfathomable amount of lacking fucks to give.
i think everyone had respect for this man until he left DT now everyone sees he's just a drama queen
Quote by Thrill-house
You like Lamb of God, so you're awesome.

Quote by Dopemgs

P.S: You like Lamb of God, so you're awesome

Quote by PsiGuy60
PS. To Conor:
You like Lamb of God, so you're awesome.
[/desperateattempttogetsigged]
In the Name of God, Mike Portnoy. No need to have a Panic Attack. You're just trying to Pull them Under because you've been Forsaken.

Okay I'll stop
Quote by Ian_the_fox
You're not girly enough of a boy for me, and you're not man enough to take the top. So like, sorry bitch but you ain't mine! Sorry.
It's stupid. It's just a case of Mike Portnoy trying to leave in a manner he thought was edgy or whatever, then whining when Dream Theater didn't all fall apart.

Opinions on Portnoy have really gone down since he left.
Lol, what a failure. He just can't stop himself, can he?
Quote by magnus_maximus
You're whackin' one off in the toilet and you jizz on the counter?

I hope you never get a driving license.

Quote by Albino_Rhino
Dude mangoes are so good. Imagine a blowjob, but instead of the feeling being on your dick, it's on your mouth.
Quote by Punk_Ninja

tell me about it, have you heard Adrenaline Mob, those musicians should have come up with something a little better than that :/ then you get DT who come out with IMO their best album since Octavarium. Seems to me he was holding them back :/
i'm Ginger its fun
Wait, didn't he leave DT?
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Quote by rockingamer2
Wait, didn't he leave DT?

this is exactly what i said when i was talking to a friend about it when i found out. it just makes no sense
i'm Ginger its fun
Quote by Punk_Ninja
It's stupid. It's just a case of Mike Portnoy trying to leave in a manner he thought was edgy or whatever, then whining when Dream Theater didn't all fall apart.

It's not as though it's unwarranted though, pretty much every week there's a story about Portnoy whining about Dream Theater this and that. He claims he wanted to leave quietly, but he's made such a fuss about it that it's ridiculous.

I wouldn't let him back in either.
Last edited by SlayingDragons at Sep 19, 2011,
Quote by jetfuel495
Looks like his new band isn't working out.

This.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by blake1221

It's just impossible.

This. I give no fucks about Dream Theater.
To be vulnerable is needed most of all, if you intend to truly fall apart.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
Can this guy just go away?
Quote by EndTheRapture51
hard sciences don't have correct and incorrect answers actually
Quote by Gorelord666
This. I give no fucks about Dream Theater.

Not to be that guy, but the thread title is directly related to Dream Theater. Why come into a thread about dream theater and say "I do not care for Dream Theater"?

Anyway just listened to Portnoy's new band for the first time.
If I were in that band I'd probably be trying my hardest to hold onto anything related to my old, better band too.
Quote by blake1221

It's just impossible.

5 star post.
pinga
My god, Portnoy is a whiney bitch these days. He's probably pissed that theyve made one of the albums of the year without him and his shit growls
Schecter Hellraiser Solo 6
Ibanez RGR321EX
Roland Microcube

RIP Dio _\m/

"There are times in your life when you have to ask yourself the question "What would Charlie Sheen do?""

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
Quote by Punk_Ninja
Not to be that guy, but the thread title is directly related to Dream Theater. Why come into a thread about dream theater and say "I do not care for Dream Theater"?

Because:

Quote by Sparky-MMA

What do you guys think?

And it's an open forum where anyone is allowed to voice their opinion on any subject.
Dream who?
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
Quote by NothingRocks
Goddamn it Mike, why? Are you really that butthurt about the new Dream Theater album being 100x better than the Adrenaline Mob EP?

100x i dont think thats nearly enough, AM EP is pretty poor, ADTOE is fantastic
i'm Ginger its fun
Look, Mike, I like you. I like your drumming. You're one of my favourite drummers, and as bummed as I was when you left, hey, I was happy for you that you were able to muster the courage to step away from a comfortable life in a successful band you've been in for decades because you wanted a change of pace. I can respect that. And frankly, I thought the production on the new album was muffled without you co-producing.

But dammit man, you left Dream Theater, they didn't kick you out. You instigated it, and you didn't suggest the name, your dad did. There's no basis for either claim as far as I can see. Come down gracefully man, please. Hopefully the guys in DT will eventually bring you back in if you do, and we can all be happy again.

But come on man. This is just in poor taste.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Dream Theater seems like such a shitty band to be in. I know James hardly gets any of his lyrics approved.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by blake1221
Because:

And it's an open forum where anyone is allowed to voice their opinion on any subject.

I'm just going to say it before anyone else does:

You cared enough to walk into this thread.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Dream Theater seems like such a shitty band to be in. I know James hardly gets any of his lyrics approved.

they did an interview a while back saying why this is.

when lyrics are brought in they have to have a rough melodic form, and fit the structure and rhythms, which is why Myung only wrote lyrics to one song. i think
i'm Ginger its fun
Quote by Jack Off Jill

That's because James is to Dream Theater as Ringo is to The Beatles.

Quote by necrosis1193
That's because James is to Dream Theater as Ringo is to The Beatles.

The coolest member with the best fashion sense?
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
The coolest member with the best fashion sense?

That's not saying much in a prog band.

Quote by blake1221
Because:

so despite not being able to see the words "What do you guys think?" without having to enter the thread that contained it (because below is what appears when you hover):

Quote by hoveroverthelink
searchbarred and nothing

if its been brought up i'm sorry

saw sonething on Portnoys facebook page and had to look into it,

apparently he's suing Dream Theater

here's the court listing

you still decided to enter the thread and attempt to be a smart arse.

Good job kid.

edit: On topic, I can see this only ending badly for Mike.
PLAY UP POMPEY

POMPEY PLAY UP!

Last edited by rworsl at Sep 19, 2011,
Quote by necrosis1193
That's not saying much in a prog band.

No u
Quote by Ian_the_fox
You're not girly enough of a boy for me, and you're not man enough to take the top. So like, sorry bitch but you ain't mine! Sorry.
Quote by fail

No u

Rush is the exception that proves the rule. To everything. They're living proof that there is a god - otherwise Geddy Lee would be impossible. And also that cool, well-dressed prog bands cannot exist in numbers larger than three, otherwise they'd implode any venues they performed at.

Vocals, piano, piano with feet, and bass, all at once!

I can't say i care about DT but this guys is starting to end up like Dave Mustaine, in 20 years he'll still be whining and bitching about the "Band that threw me out for no reason". Both of them need to shut the f*ck up about it already, the only difference is that Dave's band is actually going somewhere which only gives him less of a reason to bitch.
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
I'm confused as to how he thinks he has any basis for this at all. Everybody and their grandma knows that he chose to leave when the rest of them didn't want to take a break.

Portnoy's just making more of a fool out of himself.
If it's true, I think Mike will lose. Plenty of other people have been kicked out of bands before. I think he needs a little bit more substance to his lawsuit.
If Rock is a life-style, then Metal's an addiction

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

Page 1 of 3