Page 1 of 4
Artists in general. Art requires an open mind and open minds are usually more liberal.

Country music is an exception though.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Quote by Ian_the_fox
You're not girly enough of a boy for me, and you're not man enough to take the top. So like, sorry bitch but you ain't mine! Sorry.
Rock and roll is rebellion. If you like and believe in all the same things as the establishment then what are you rebelling against?
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Rock and roll is rebellion. If you like and believe in all the same things as the establishment then what are you rebelling against?

Rebels?
Quote by Ian_the_fox
You're not girly enough of a boy for me, and you're not man enough to take the top. So like, sorry bitch but you ain't mine! Sorry.
Quote by BrianApocalypse

This.
Quote by Dirge Humani
Its because creativity was invented to further the liberal agenda.

this.

also inb4 TS gets butthurt about people not agreeing with him and deletes the thread... like he always does every other time.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by theogonia777
this.

also inb4 TS gets butthurt about people not agreeing with him and deletes the thread... like he always does every other time.

Well i'm liberal
Because a lot of musicians come from poor backgrounds, making them more likely to be liberal/left-wing unless their thick as pigshit
Quote by ErikLensherr
It's threads like this that separate grammar Nazis from only mildly anti-Semitic grammar conservatives.
Yeah, I've noticed that. Although some genres' fans seem to be more likely to be conservative/reactionary than others (black metal, modern country, etc).
Quote by RU Experienced?
You've noticed a trend based on anecdotal evidence that does not generalize to the whole musical community.

At no point did he say it applied to the entire commnity. He said "many", not "all". Many doesn't even have to mean a particularly large amount. Next time try to read the post properly before posting such a retarded response.
Rock [James] Roll
I tend to associate artists with intelligence (quite often wrong) and being conservative with being stupid (not quite so often wrong).
The tight conservative budget has no room for such frivolousness as music...unless you're gonna make a big profit.

Wait, is this conservative: the modern government? Or conservative: the philosophy? The philosophy states that you believe that people are too stupid for their own good and need something more powerful than society to keep them in line. There's probably lots of musicians that believe that...

Varg Vikernes one of the most fascist musicians ever, and he just looks like a total nerd.
To be creative you have to push boundaries and stray from your comfort zone...conservatives tend to have a boner for the past. That's about all I can come up with.
Quote by Ian_the_fox
Im not a liberal, come at me bro
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
Quote by Jiimmyyy
At no point did he say it applied to the entire commnity. He said "many", not "all". Many doesn't even have to mean a particularly large amount. Next time try to read the post properly before posting such a retarded response.

You're being a pedantic douche. In the context of the post we can infer "many" means a preponderance of musicians. If I sampled bluegrass and country musicians I'd probably find a greater proportion of conservative musicians. Since TS is probably a 15-20 year old from a middle class family his demographic is more likely to be liberal.
It's because appreciation of art and liberalism are correlated with a psychological trait called 'openness to experience.' Liberals like progress and new things, while conservatives like tradition and the familiar. Ergo, liberals are more likely to appreciate art.
I think we took too many drugs when we were kids,
'cause now we like to make
Weird Music
-Wayne Coyne
Last edited by iantheman at Sep 19, 2011,
i get dumber just reading these ridiculous statements, if you dont know why most artists are liberals, then your not an artist, or intelligent enough to know why...
Gear

Standard Epiphone LP W/Dimarzio Super 2's
1973 Ampeg VT-22

Fulltone Clyde
Ernie Ball VP Jr
Boss tu-2
Boss sd-1
Ehx Little Big Muff
Fulltone Ultimate Octave
Boss eq-7
Ehx Memory Man
Digitech Delay X-series
Ehx Holy Grail
I find it's a fairly even split, you just tend to think more of the liberal politically active musicians first because rock music was steeped in the progressive movement in the late 60's with women's rights and African American rights and all that, as well as the fact that the more prominent folk musicians, which is where a lot of the politically themed contemporary music comes from, seem to be liberal. Granted there are conservative folk musicians, but they're overshadowed by giants like Dylan.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
I know where I stand and I'm glad those I listen to all are on the same side as me.

I don't think I listen to a single artist which my ideology go against. I'm glad. On the other hand I do not believe I'd accept myself listening to an artist being on the right wing as I find that way of ideology and politics pathetic and wrong.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Last edited by JohnnyGenzale at Sep 19, 2011,
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
Only the musicians who really have something to add to the political agenda and current world situation. I dare anyone to name one musician who is right wing who's either remotely good or remotely influential.

James Hetfield.
Richard Wagner.

Take your pick.
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by StewieSwan
James Hetfield.

And he has not been influential to anything I listen to whatsoever. He can live with his views for all I care. He has influented most things I find bad with music anyway.

Wagner was right wing in the 17th century? I can almost relate bro.
Quote by StewieSwan
James Hetfield.
Richard Wagner.

Take your pick.

Johnny Ramone(Not a punk fan, but the guy essentially invented what led to modern punk, that's inarguably influential)
John Petrucci
Johnny Cash

Add those to the list, as well.

Quote by necrosis1193
Johnny Ramone(Not a punk fan, but the guy essentially invented what led to modern punk, that's inarguably influential)
JP
Johnny Cash

Add those to the list, as well.

Was Johnny Ramone a right wing?
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
And he has not been influential to anything I listen to whatsoever. He can live with his views for all I care. He has influented most things I find bad with music anyway.

Wagner was right wing in the 17th century? I can almost relate bro.

Wow, you're an idiot.
pinga
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
Was Johnny Ramone a right wing?

Indeed. Very much so, actually.

Quote by JohnnyGenzale
I don't think I listen to a single artist which my ideology go against. I'm glad. On the other hand I do not believe I'd accept myself listening to an artist being on the right wing as I find that way of ideology and politics pathetic and wrong.

What if you legitimately enjoyed the music?
Quote by Ian_the_fox
Quote by Cb4rabid
Wow, you're an idiot.

In what way?

Quote by fail
What if you legitimately enjoyed the music?

Well, I know I don't enjoy music written by right wing supporters. As far as I know. If anyone wants to prove me wrong I'm open for it. I doubt anyone can find a single one from what I listen to, to be right wing.

Quote by necrosis1193

Oh well, never been a big fan of The Ramones either. Don't know if it's a coincidence or not.

But I seldom relate to an artist if I can't read their lyrics and relate. If I find their lyrics about politics to go against my own I seldom if ever like it.
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
I know where I stand and I'm glad those I listen to all are on the same side as me.

This. Besides, music that isn't left wing or apolitical is teh suck.
Page 1 of 4