Hi, Im looking for a new guitar in the price range of $300 or less

I'm considering...

ESP LTD H-101
ESP EC-50
Ephiphone LP special II

What do you guys think of the ESP Guitars?

Any other suggestions?
I've never played an ESP, but they're supposed to be good guitars. I'd take an ESP over an Ephiphone anyday and everyday. Have you considered a Dean? Those I have played and they're excellent guitars.
Quote by Diamond Dave

Things that restored my faith in humanity this year: 26
Things that removed all faith in humanity this year: 1,563,745,234 (estimated)

so that's a result of -1,563,745,208 faith points in humanity lost, which is actually up from last year!
ESP guitars are some of best crafted guitars around. LTD however, vary in quality.
Originally Posted by ibanez_guru
ARE YOU TONE ******ED??????

Thats not a dig either, its a serious question!!!!!!!!!

Quote by gregs1020
well i did sit 5th row for the who in '82.

ears are still ringing a bit.
Thanks Thrashdeth. Which model of dean is good? I heard some of their models wernt so good.
to be honest i wouldn't buy any of them, tell us about your current gear, location, musical styles and if your willing to buy used
Thanks MM14 Currently I have a MIM Fender HSS, 2 Ibanez RG's, and an Ephiphone LP.
Just looking for something I can practice with, more like a beater guitar but something that is also pretty good quality. I play anything from classic rock to metallica. Yes I dont mind used My last Ibanez RG came from Ebay and it was 10X better then what I expected.
Do you have a decent amp?

The LP Special II is a piece of shit pretty much (it's ok with better pickups put in). The H-101 is the best of them
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD M-200FM w/Tone Zone + PAF Pro
Ibanez RG7321
Digitech Whammy IV
Digitech GSP1101
Furman M-10 LxE
Peavey 6505
ISP Decimator
Thanks For an Amp I just picked up the Fender Mustang II
Not the best amp but I can get some good sounds from it and I also use the POD Xt and POD HD400
Quote by stagger19
Thanks Thrashdeth. Which model of dean is good? I heard some of their models wernt so good.

I would recommend a razorback, but yore going to have a hard time finding one of those for under $300.

How about this one?
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/dean-dave-mustaine-vmntx-united-abomination-electric-guitar/520088000730000

Or this one? I'm not sure about it, but it looks cool, and how bad can it be?
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/dean-michael-amott-signature-tyrant-bloodstorm-electric-guitar/h73722000001000

This one?
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/dean-custom-350-electric-guitar

Most of their guitars are pretty good. You might want to avoid the XM series, as they're probably not going to be set up well. A general rule is more expensive guitars are going to be of higher quality.
Quote by Diamond Dave

so that's a result of -1,563,745,208 faith points in humanity lost, which is actually up from last year!
Quote by stagger19
Thanks MM14 Currently I have a MIM Fender HSS, 2 Ibanez RG's, and an Ephiphone LP.
Just looking for something I can practice with, more like a beater guitar but something that is also pretty good quality. I play anything from classic rock to metallica. Yes I dont mind used My last Ibanez RG came from Ebay and it was 10X better then what I expected.

In your budget I would recommend looking used because i have tried before looking new and theres not much worth buying, since your in the US I recommend looking at used schecters and ibanez because they generally tend to be good quality for incredibly low prices. Just don't get anything with a licensed FR or anything with an Edge III because at your budget the licensed FRs probably won't be to good and i have experienced the horrors of the edge III.
What's wrong with licensed Floyd Roses? I've got a Floyd Rose Special and it doesn't have any problems.
Quote by Diamond Dave

Quote by thrashdeth
What's wrong with licensed Floyd Roses? I've got a Floyd Rose Special and it doesn't have any problems.

not intending to be a jerk, but...

the "whats wrong w/ lisc floyd" question seems like something you should know before recommending somebody a guitar on the forums.

the floyd rose special i haven't played yet, but if you were to take a sample of brands of guitars with that brands lisc. floyd, 5 years down the road take the bridge out and i bet the baseplate would be chewed up from using poor quality metal.

how do i know? i used to own a bunch of lisc floyds. only ones i would touch are out of his price range.

as far as cheap guitars, i would not get a dean, i haven't owned one, but i have played plenty
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
2nd hand Epiphone LP Standard or Epiphone G400.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by trashedlostfdup
not intending to be a jerk, but...

the "whats wrong w/ lisc floyd" question seems like something you should know before recommending somebody a guitar on the forums.

the floyd rose special i haven't played yet, but if you were to take a sample of brands of guitars with that brands lisc. floyd, 5 years down the road take the bridge out and i bet the baseplate would be chewed up from using poor quality metal.

how do i know? i used to own a bunch of lisc floyds. only ones i would touch are out of his price range.

as far as cheap guitars, i would not get a dean, i haven't owned one, but i have played plenty

Yeah, I should have worded that differently. What I meant is not all Licensed Floyds are crap, specifically the Special. I wouldn't support any other lisc. floyd as I don't own any guitar with one. And yes, I know all too well about the "whats wrong w/ lisc floyd" question.

But I don't see what everyone has against Deans. They have good action, good sound (that's more of a personal personal preference), and good looks.
Quote by Diamond Dave

Quote by thrashdeth
Yeah, I should have worded that differently. What I meant is not all Licensed Floyds are crap, specifically the Special. I wouldn't support any other lisc. floyd as I don't own any guitar with one. And yes, I know all too well about the "whats wrong w/ lisc floyd" question.

But I don't see what everyone has against Deans. They have good action, good sound (that's more of a personal personal preference), and good looks.

i can't tell you why a lot of people dont like deans, but i can tell you why i dont like them.

1. for me they are too gaudy at least quite a few of them are (thats opinion though)
2. they use cheap hardware dont stay in tune.
3. i sanded off a dean to refin for a friend and it had so many pieces of wood sandwiched together it was comical. at least 7 or 8 pieces of wood in the body only.
4. the QC isn't the best.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Epiphone G-400
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Thanks for all your help guys....

after some though I didnt want to go with a floyd rose setup since Im looking to keep it low maintaince, plus its a pain when you do drop tunings with the floyd rose.

I ended up going with the ESP EC-50 as I fig I try another LP Style I have enough Strat styles lol

Luckily MF has a great return policy so if this doesnt fit, I can always return it.
With $300 you could have bought an Agile though you'll be happy with your ESP, I have an H-51 that I like quite a bit, LTDs are some of the better lower end guitars.
Between the velvet lies, there's a truth as hard as steel.
The vision never dies, life's a neverending wheel.