My friend and I are making a jazzy-kinda-bluesy song, and right now we have a verse progression, Bmin9-Bmin7 to Gmin9-Gmin7. Theory is a little over my head, so I thought I'd ask you guys.

I'm jut trying to find what key both chords would fit into, which would help me be able to establish a chorus. I've tried looking on AllGuitarChords, they have progressions, but none involving a minor 7's and minor 9's. If you could help me out, I would really appreciate it.
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
im not sure but i think its just whatever scale you can fit the Bmin and Gmin chords into.
Where does it resolve to? Those chords are pretty ambiguous and not central to a particular key. Try a G minor or B minor chorus. See what you like.
Nothing that is worthwhile in life will ever come easy.
CST! Chord Scale Theory!

Do you know the notes in the chords you're playing? If so, take any scale that uses those notes (Major/Minor scales are prefferible for this) and use it to solo over it. When the chord switches, change into another corresponding scale.

This yields some interesting solo options, and should help for improvisation.
It could be in B minor OR G major. Only you could tell us where it resolves.

Edit: You say this is the verse progression, what's the chorus progression?
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
I dont have a chorus progression yet. Thats why I'm asking for the key :P

Right know, Amin7/Amin9 also sounds good. So Gmin7, Amin7, and Bmin7 for chords.
Caution:

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
Quote by AWACS
I dont have a chorus progression yet. Thats why I'm asking for the key :P

Right know, Amin7/Amin9 also sounds good. So Gmin7, Amin7, and Bmin7 for chords.

It's still ambiguous. Once you get a chord progression, that could change the key :P

Of course this can be fixed quite simply if you listen to yourself playing these chords, and then telling us where it feels it resolves (or ends).
Soundcloud
Kind of sounds like it resolves on Em7.

EDIT: SOrry, Emadd9 sounds better.
Caution:

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
Last edited by AWACS at Sep 20, 2011,
Quote by AWACS
Kind of sounds like it resolves on Em7.

EDIT: SOrry, Emadd9 sounds better.

Sorry.....there was an Em chord of some description in your progression?
Soundcloud
Not concretely yet, no. However, I played my Bmin7 and Gmin7 chords, and just messed around with other chords, and E sounded good to me.

(On a side note 99% of the songs I've written have been in the key of G major/E minor, so now I'm slightly angry.)
Caution:

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
Quote by AWACS
Not concretely yet, no. However, I played my Bmin7 and Gmin7 chords, and just messed around with other chords, and E sounded good to me.

(On a side note 99% of the songs I've written have been in the key of G major/E minor, so now I'm slightly angry.)

Well if you stick in the E minor (anything), it's most likely going to be E minor. If you don't, it won't.
Soundcloud
I guess it all depends on the rhythm and tempo of song on which you want to fit the chords. I guess they might be a bit jazzy.