The other guitarist in my band has been playing his acoustic-electric Martin (not sure which model) straight through our PA for a while now, and finally decided to upgrade. I'm just looking for some amps to recommend for him, as he doesn't really research gear that much, but I want him to get something good.

- We play country/rock, think Zac Brown Band, Hootie & The Blowfish, Dave Matthews Band.
- He doesn't have a lot of interest in playing electric, but there are still some instances when he might want to.
- His budget is around $300-$600
- He wants new.
- We would most likely buying from the Columbus Guitar Center
- He needs to be able to keep up with our drummer, and myself playing a 100w JVM.

I looked at amps like the Fender Acoustasonic 150w 2x8 and the Fishman Loudbox Mini. But I also wondered why he couldn't just play out of a regular electric amp. (Maybe something like the Vox AC30VR?) The acoustic amps have smaller speakers, and seem a little restrictive tone-wise. As someone who's never had an interest in acoustic amps, maybe someone could explain the big differences between them and normal amps?

Thanks everyone.
Guitars:
Epi Les Paul Custom Blackback
Gibson SG Classic w/ P90s
Epi Les Paul Ultra I
Squier Tele Black & Chrome
Taylor 210e

Amps:
Marshall JVM210H
Orange Tiny Terror
Marshall 1969 Lead cab
Orange PPC 2x12 cab
take your taylor through your orange amp, and then your marshal.

tell me how it sounds?

there's your answer.
Quote by 00_hns_00
take your taylor through your orange amp, and then your marshal.

tell me how it sounds?

there's your answer.

Thanks for being so helpful.
Guitars:
Epi Les Paul Custom Blackback
Gibson SG Classic w/ P90s
Epi Les Paul Ultra I
Squier Tele Black & Chrome
Taylor 210e

Amps:
Marshall JVM210H
Orange Tiny Terror