Hi UG Community,

me and a friend we've created a simple tool for creating guitar tabs and we want to share it with you.

www.tabolize.me

Hope you'll like
Please give us feedback!

Enjoy!

Features / TODO list based on your feedback:

- different sections for lead/rhythm/bass
- palm mutes
- select a string and pick the frets instead of having to click each time the fret and press "transcribe"
- speed up the use of the effects (hammer on, pull off, slide)
- repeat option for repeating a section of the tab
- ability to insert the tab breakups

Changelog

09/21/2011: 0.1 alpha released

09/22/2011: changes

+ 24-frets fretboard
+ chord variant selection popup
Last edited by invulsion at Sep 21, 2011,
That's looking pretty nice. I'd say if you want to improve it, tell the user that double clicking a note makes into a muted note, and throw some more preset chords on there.

Good job.
Thank you.

We've described a brief doc in the quickstart guide popup.
And yes, of course, inserting more preset chords is the next step. After that, we want to insert more position for each chord. Thank you for your feedback!
Last edited by invulsion at Sep 20, 2011,
I checked it out. Seemed easy to use. Nice work.
EDIT: on a not of critique. Is there a way to show palm mutes or trills?
Last edited by TB!Guitar at Sep 19, 2011,
This is actually pretty cool; I might even use it once the features are expanded.

Anyway, as for feedback, maybe add "drag-and-drop" chord shapes like power chords or something. Just an idea.
Wicked, nice work guys.

Quote by TeaEsKSU
Shouldn't the double dot be on the 12 fret? Or am I being stupid?

The double dot is on the 12th fret on all my guitars, so no I think you're right.
Quote by devourke
I love you bro. I'd totally turn gay for you after that.

November 13th, 2011. Nodincap.

LoL: Kublai Dong

MC: StealthTurtle
Twitter
Last.fm
Last edited by MetallicSka at Sep 19, 2011,
Quote by TB!Guitar
I checked it out. Seemed easy to use. Nice work.
EDIT: on a not of critique. Is there a way to show palm mutes or trills?

Thank you!
Nice feedback, palm mutes and trills will be implemented soon. Now we're working on vibrato.

Quote by Jon777
This is actually pretty cool; I might even use it once the features are expanded.

Anyway, as for feedback, maybe add "drag-and-drop" chord shapes like power chords or something. Just an idea.

Powerful feedback! We've sticked it.

Quote by TeaEsKSU
Shouldn't the double dot be on the 12 fret? Or am I being stupid?

Oh right dude, was a server cache problem. Now it's fixed.

Thank you all you guys for the great feedback! With your help we can make it a very useful tool for guitarists.
i think it would make more sense if enter/return or space make it transcribe rather than t.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by theogonia777
i think it would make more sense if enter/return or space make it transcribe rather than t.

You're right. It's better. Fix in a couple of minutes.
There is definitely potential.
Problem I had was that the A chord came up as
-4-
-2-
-2-
-2-
---
---
RIP Gooze

cats
very cool! great job... will it be free to use? thanks for sharing i would definitely love to use this in the future
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.
Quote by zenbone
very cool! great job... will it be free to use? thanks for sharing i would definitely love to use this in the future

Yes, it will be completely free, guy. Thank you for your support.
Quote by SG_dave
That is awesome man.

It'd be nice if you could find a way to play what you've jsut written down. Then you could use it to tab something, send to a friend and they can listen to it.

We're working on that great feature. It's what we would like to achieve.

Now it's just the alpha version of the tool. Anyway we chose to share it with you to grow up with your feedback.
Quote by mulefish
There is definitely potential.
Problem I had was that the A chord came up as
-4-
-2-
-2-
-2-
---
---

Thanks. Fixed now.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Haven't tried it yet but according to everyone it seems great, so I'll check it out in a few days

We've just fixed some minor bugs.
Quote by SlayingDragons
Huh, this is actually pretty useful, I'll probably end up actually using this. Thanks TS!

We really appreciate it.

Stay connected, great features are coming very soon!
shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiet, nice work man.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
Quote by TenInchClock
Should probably include 24 frets, but yeah, seems like a pretty solid tool, I like it.

Edit: Also, maybes a bass version?

Thanks man for your precious feedback.

Both two your ideas are very nice and will be implemented! The bass version is already on todo list.

Quote by Tango616
shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiet, nice work man.

Serious guys, thank you again. You rocks our boat!
Quote by rockdude375
This is actually pretty good Keep us updated with additions/changes

Thank you too, dude!

Of course, as I said before, big additions are coming soon. We're very happy you like it, thanks again.
some feedback:

How about making 24 frets, an area for lead/rhythm/bass saved like different sections.
Save them/lable them.
A way to indicate palm mutes instead of just "X" as sometimes that's just a dead note but still played, like a "PM" under it, same with a "T" if it's tapped.

Also, instead of having to click each time to select, set it so you hit like "Shift+1" that changes it to controling the first string, then the numbers after that you hit just go to the fret you wish to choose.
When you want to choose the next string, just "Shift+2" etc etc.

Might just speed it up a little instead of click, "h" click, click, repeat, etc.
Maybe also have a repeat area so it just copy's and pastes whatever you "highlight", also, maybe make a way to highlight and paste that into the tab, or a way to lable how many times to play it. "x2/4 etc"

Also have a way to select measures, like 4, and break it up every so often, so instead of one solid blocks of "-", but you could break it up, making it easier to read when it's broken up.

I realize this is a lot, but in the long run I think it might be easier for everyone.

Cheers man.
ಠ_ಠ

Quote by sglover34479
That's actually really neat man! I like it. I don't tab a lot, but I'm still gonna bookmark it to play around with. I know a couple people who tab regularly so I'll show it to them as well. Good job!

Great, thanks man.
Quote by Tango616
some feedback:

How about making 24 frets, an area for lead/rhythm/bass saved like different sections.
Save them/lable them.
A way to indicate palm mutes instead of just "X" as sometimes that's just a dead note but still played, like a "PM" under it, same with a "T" if it's tapped.

Also, instead of having to click each time to select, set it so you hit like "Shift+1" that changes it to controling the first string, then the numbers after that you hit just go to the fret you wish to choose.
When you want to choose the next string, just "Shift+2" etc etc.

Might just speed it up a little instead of click, "h" click, click, repeat, etc.
Maybe also have a repeat area so it just copy's and pastes whatever you "highlight", also, maybe make a way to highlight and paste that into the tab, or a way to lable how many times to play it. "x2/4 etc"

Also have a way to select measures, like 4, and break it up every so often, so instead of one solid blocks of "-", but you could break it up, making it easier to read when it's broken up.

I realize this is a lot, but in the long run I think it might be easier for everyone.

Cheers man.

How many feedback dude, nice!

Checkout the update of the thread's first post, I've added a todo list for the next versions.

Thanks a lot.
Last edited by invulsion at Sep 21, 2011,
Quote by invulsion
How many feedback dude, nice!

Checkout the update of the thread's first post, I've added a todo list for the next versions.

Thanks a lot.

No problem man, can't wait to see the finished product
ಠ_ಠ