Hi, I'm new here and need some help, I've been waiting on some responses from friends and other places, and from what I've read this is a good place to go to for a final opinion and a much more accurate one.

This is the deal, I am purchasing 4 clelestion blues 15 watts 12 inch, for my cab, and I need a head to power them. If the wiring affects the wattage distribution then I need something better than an orange tiny terror. But seeing as how the speakers are 15 watts and the head is 15 watts, I figured it would work.

I know the whole wattage to speaker thing is most likely already out there and I didn't creep enough. But I keep finding different answers, one that is like "15 watt head for 4 15 watt speakers is all you need" and others that say "60 watt head for 4 15 watt speakers is what you need"

so not only do I need to clarify the problem of wattage split within the cab and the speakers, but also a very good, but also very affordable head (prefer tube) I could get that is 60 watts to power the speakers (if need be). Thanks a ton. I really hope you can help me.
as long as the head is less wattage than the cab youll be fine

and i beleive you just add the wattage of the speakers toghether to get the wattage of the cab...if your running a tube head try to have te cab be more than the speaker as tube amps can put out more power than their rated for
You'll be perfectly fine if you keep your head's wattage is close to or lower than your combined speaker wattage. You wouldn't get any speaker distortion or breakup unless your REALLY pushed a higher-powered head (50w+) through your cab.

And we can't really help with your head search unless you tell us what your budget is and what music you play.
First off, what sort of cab do you have, although having the blues will help, a poorly designed and built cab will make this a waste of money. Have you seen the prices for blues? you are spending a great deal of money on speakers just to run a tiny terror.

As long as all the speakers are the same impedence then whether you wire the cab in series, parallel or series-parallel the power handling of the cab will be 60W. It will be fine to run this cab with a 15W amp. You do not want to run this cab with an amp greater then 60W.

That being said you must make sure that the impedence of the cab and head match. Look up a sticky or search google to learn about wiring rules and impedence.
as far as i also heard about matching speakers to amp is that the cab is capable of is the

lowest wattage speaker multipilied by the number or speakers. which in your case is stil fine.

having said that i woudnt feel bad putting 100 watts of power from the amp into 100 watts of speakers.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I'm just gonna throw this out there. But if you were getting something like a Tiny Terror, I'd be looking at Greenbacks rather than Blues.

Maybe just me though
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

You don't want $800+ worth of speakers for a $600 amp, thats kinda weird. I'd look at the Green Back or V30 speaker, or one of there many clones Eminence, WGS, Webber, Hellatone all make nice speakers at <$100 each vsthe $200+ for Celestion Blues.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
those speakers are meant to handle it. ever wonder why they put 2 15 watt speakers in a vox AC 30, even though cranked tube amps can output 2x thier rated wattages?

so an ac 30 can potentially put 60 watts into 30 watts of speakers and they are still fine? those blues are of the highest quality and sound great - and tehy should for about 200 a pop. jesus those things are expensive.
Quote by ikey_
those speakers are meant to handle it. ever wonder why they put 2 15 watt speakers in a vox AC 30, even though cranked tube amps can output 2x thier rated wattages?

so an ac 30 can potentially put 60 watts into 30 watts of speakers and they are still fine? those blues are of the highest quality and sound great - and tehy should for about 200 a pop. jesus those things are expensive.

It might be fine for a little while but if you are constantly turning the AC30 up full blast then you eventually damage the speakers. This sort of thing used to happen frquently in the old days.