Been wanting one of these for over a year. I finally broke down and ordered one.

Got here last week. In total cost me 250 including customs and express shipping to the far east of canada. Wanted to play around with it first, see how it works. Here's two pics.

I'll do a quick review first, then I'll post a quick loop that I just made in like a half hour or so. Its only like 20 seconds, but its just to show you what you can do I guess.

Features:

Lots of features. 99 loop banks, 35 minutes of internal memory, supports SD cards up to 16gb. 9 drum loops. Aux input to import music to jam to. Up to 10 minutes for each bank. Has an optional foot switch you can buy for 50 bucks or so which allows you to change the bank, tempo, drum samples, and a few more things with your foot instead of having to bend down with your fingers and such. A must need for gigging. Has a knob for the drum track volume and the loop volume. Can record a loop or a single. If its a single you can then select a different loop while its on so when that single finishes it automatically goes to the next selected. Great for creating parts of songs that you want to work on. You can plug into a pc as well and just the jamman library manager and arrange, import and delete your loops.

Overall a lot of features compared to other loopers on the price range. I'd give it a 8 The stereo one gets a 10, but this one gets a 8 due to whats its missing. Which isn't much, still fits alot into it.

Ease of use:

I couldn't get it to work very well at first, but after spending about 15 minutes on reading the manual and looking up a few videos on youtube, it wasn't hard.

Basically, pick an empty bank. Press both store and tempo button which lets you choose the drum track, time sig, or to enable something called pdl tempo. Which when enabled lets you choose the tempo for each new loop by stepping once then again depending on how fast the tempo is. once you have that set, press and hold the foot switch to save it. Then it will count you in into the recording. very useful.

Pretty easy. Press it once to record, then again to stop. It will automatically to playing it back to you. Then at anytime while its playing press it again to overdub. Then again to stop which it will continue playing it back to you. Don't like the overdub you just recorded? Just hold the switch to undo it.

Overall, for the amount of features, after a bit of reading its fairly easy to make loop. I'd give it a 9 because you will have to read a little bit.

Sound:

Sounds great. I find the sound you play back is slighly lower in volume than what you played but its not a big deal at all. You can just adjust the level anyways.

At first I ran it in front of amp, last in the chain after all my pedals. Worked great with the pedals. However because it was in front, when I would switch to the overdrive channel, the drum tracks would also be distorted lol. It would record just fine and playback just fine, but it wasn't record an overdriven signal and playing that back, just the clean signal and playing that through the overdriven channel of my amp.

Fair enough, just stick it in the loop. Then it works just fine for recording the amps overdrive. If the amp dosen't have an fx loop however, it can cause a problem when say you want to do a clean chords, then solo over it with the amps drive. It would just dirty up the clean section as well.

So unless your ok with using your pedals drive, put it in the loop.

Overall it sounds spectacular, a slight volume drop, but easily fixable.
Easily a 9.

Here's a quick sound clip I made, its only like 20 seconds or so. I used a strat, clean channel of my triple X, then a cool cat drive. With some compression and reverb. Perhaps too much reverb actually. Oh well, enjoy

http://www.soundclick.com/player/single_player.cfm?q=hi&songID=11062591

Overall, this is a great tool for anyone who plays guitar. I was actually using it as a learning tool. Record a quick chord progression, then solo over it while its looping back to me, with ease. Definitely recommend it.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
Nice purchase

HNPD!

And if you can, stop by the digitech thread In my sig.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Quote by fly135
Looping is fun. HNPD!

I'll listen to the clip when I get off this stupid iPad.

Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
That's the oddest heavy metal I've heard. It was a little hard to get a sense of the looping. You should start you computer recording and then go play. Cut out something a little longer so we can hear how you are using the looper.
HNPD!
You can use Boss foot switches and save some money. A single FS-5 will cost around $25 or the double button FS-6 for $50.
WRT footswitches... GC has ran a sale of the FS3 for $15 twice in the last six months. I picked one up each sale because I have a Jamman original and a GNX4, which can use it as well. You definitely want the FS3 because it has three switches.
Quote by fly135
That's the oddest heavy metal I've heard. It was a little hard to get a sense of the looping. You should start you computer recording and then go play. Cut out something a little longer so we can hear how you are using the looper.

Yeah strange heavy metal it is. Your right though, I should stretched it out longer rather than jam it all together at once. I'll post something longer up today. This time I'll mic it up, record the process rather than just the final product.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
Last edited by JoePerry4life at Sep 20, 2011,
BTW, most of the songs in my link are done in real time with a looper. Only 6 & 12-14 were not done with a looper.