Just curious, what size strings did John Paul Jones most likely use while with Zeppelin? Heavy or light?

thanks.
w/o bass n drums, there wouldn't really be rock music.

Schecter is pronounced 'Shek-ter', right? I don't want to walk in and say, "Hey, can I try out that Sketcher?" and have the helper reply with "Wtf, we don't sell shoes!"
I have no clue what he uses now, I'd wager early on he was like all other musicians, faced with flat wounds in a couple brands or some newer round wounds. JPJ wasn't strings he was just JPJ, and happened to have a good amp and bass.
JPJ has said in several interviews that he switched to Rotosound 66s (roundwounds) back in his session days. He tried flats and thoroughly disliked them. He still uses Rotosounds, but now he prefers the PSD Piano String Design model.

His 66s were .45 to .105 standard.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Quote by FatalGear41
JPJ has said in several interviews that he switched to Rotosound 66s (roundwounds) back in his session days. He tried flats and thoroughly disliked them. He still uses Rotosounds, but now he prefers the PSD Piano String Design model.

His 66s were .45 to .105 standard.

Beat me to it

IIRC, he used Flats waaaaaay back when, but switched to the Rotos early on.

I haven't seen it stated anywhere else... but i assume he used the Rotos on all his basses?
"Punk Rock should mean freedom, liking and accepting anything that you like, as sloppy as you want, as long as it's good and has passion."