My guitar's truss rod is kind of... Not working. As in, it won't move. For some reason it won't turn. On top of that, I believe the nut is slightly stripped (not done by me!), and therefore the wrench slips out if you try to turn too hard. Anyway, if I were to take it to a shop and have it set up, and also fix the truss rod (if it's broken), how much do you think it would cost? I want a shop to do it, since I don't want to damage it monkeying around myself.
ESP/LTD F-50
1989 Kramer Showster
Rogue RADH Acoustic
Fender CD-60 Acoustic
Washburn XB-100 4 string
Peavey Millenium AC BXP
Fender Rumble 150
Crate BV60H Head
Crate BV412 Cab
Vox AD15VT
that is something to ask your local Tech/Luthier
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
that is something to ask your local Tech/Luthier

Problem being, closest luthier to my town is about 45 min. away! haha That's why I asked UG.
ESP/LTD F-50
1989 Kramer Showster
Rogue RADH Acoustic
Fender CD-60 Acoustic
Washburn XB-100 4 string
Peavey Millenium AC BXP
Fender Rumble 150
Crate BV60H Head
Crate BV412 Cab
Vox AD15VT
Well you'll need to take it to a luthier to get the truss rod fitted or reset anyway, so you'll be making that trip regardless. Resetting a truss rod or fitting a new one isn't something you can do in your garage.
what kind of guitar is it? if the closest tech is that far away you might be better off just buying a whole replacement neck.
1978 Peavey T-40 -> Ampeg Micro-VR - > Ampeg SVT210AV + Ampeg SVT-15E
I'm not too keen on buying another neck. It's a vintage (pre-buyout) Kramer and I'd like to keep her original. But I may look into that. Scan around ebay for some old necks....
ESP/LTD F-50
1989 Kramer Showster
Rogue RADH Acoustic
Fender CD-60 Acoustic
Washburn XB-100 4 string
Peavey Millenium AC BXP
Fender Rumble 150
Crate BV60H Head
Crate BV412 Cab
Vox AD15VT
Quote by ThrashMetal014
Problem being, closest luthier to my town is about 45 min. away! haha That's why I asked UG.

Does he own a telephone?
Custom guitars, vintage amps, boutique pedals. Blah, blah, blah.