The main things i'm looking for is:
ZR Trem or something just as good.
More than 22 Frets
Decent wood. Basswood, Mohogany.
Looks don't matter.
Price: $300-$400

Guitars I've considered:
Ibanez s320 (not enough frets)
Ibanez Rg350 and Rg370 (Heard bad things about the Edge III)
Kramer Assault (not sure of quality of FR.)

I do realize this is like my 3rd thread about choosing a guitar. Hopefully this will be the last.
BLANKBLANK
You could try the old Ibanez EX series.
Make sure the floyd on it is the LO-TRS and not the LO-TRS II.
I've had two of them with the first trem and they've held together pretty great, and not to mention made in Japan.
Cusp of Magic
^Those are being extremly hard to find. Then again i'm only looking on ebay.

I'm still leaning for the s320
BLANKBLANK
Save the extra $100 and get the s420. Newer ones are 24 jumbo fret and probably have the best trem in that price range.
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs
The newer RG350s (at least the RG350M's) have the Edge Zero II.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by Arfey McFeeshy
Not too sure about the Licensed Floyd Rose.

What exactly are you unsure about?
Quality of steel, longevity of the device. Licensed floyds are made from other manufactures using Floyd Rose as a type of marketing gimmick.

I don't think Licensed Floyd Roses are made by the same companies. So the results of the trem may vary.
BLANKBLANK
Quote by Arfey McFeeshy
Quality of steel, longevity of the device. Licensed floyds are made from other manufactures using Floyd Rose as a type of marketing gimmick.

I don't think Licensed Floyd Roses are made by the same companies. So the results of the trem may vary.

Licensed Floyds simply copy the Floyd Rose design because it's a simple yet extremely functional design, and Floyd Rose owns the rights to it. Ibanez Edge, LoPro, and Edge Pro are extremely good licensed Floyds. That Schecter Likely has a Floyd Rose Special though, which is actually made by Floyd Rose(but in China) and made with cheaper metal(supposedly not the base plate though). I'd personally never mess with one, though some claim it holds it's tune just as good as a regular OFR.

I think you had the right idea with the ZR trem. It's the best you will find in that price range. Now go find an S420 used.
Quote by Arfey McFeeshy
Annnd, are they any good?

I don't really have any way of trying these out.

They're pretty decent, from what I've seen. They seem to be a bit better quality than an edge III (certainly felt it to me).
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
The Edge Zero II hasn't even been out for a year. You'll be hard-pressed to find people who have had extensive experience with it and are actually knowledgeable enough about guitar to give you a reliable consensus of the quality of the bridge.
Save a bit longer and get a used s540. Yummy

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0
Save a bit longer and get a used s540. Yummy

If he is willing to wait and will buy used, this x100. Sabers are just as good as any of the current S prestige guitars that are selling new for $1500-2000.
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs