hey guys, so this is my first NGD thread I'm making, so if I miss something, I'll definitely edit and fix it... anyways...

so what's this on my living room floor?!

an unmarked trapezoid box? o_o

ooooh... a maroon bag... nice

that's what you've wanted to see! my new PRS Singlecut SE!

more in next post
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
down the neck shot. ( I love Boggle )

t3h birdzzzzz

zebra pillow approves

Vanessa seems a tad jealous >_>

family shot.

review in next post.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
HNGD I've been eyeballing at PRS SC for a while, just a little to broke right now
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
HNGD, I've always wanted an SE SC or a Custom 24. So jealous.......
But I thought that the SCs came with dot inlays and only the higher end PRS and the SE customs came with bird!!!!

I want one even more now!!!!!!!!!!!

Whats the neck like compared to the strat?
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
so where to start with this guitar?

I'll go through the obvious. It's a PRS SE Singlecut in the Antique White finish. it's a 25" scale, 1 vol/tone knob, 3 way switch... yeah. basic. simple. but that's what I really like. It has the natural binding as well.

I recieved it at around 6 o'clock, and I haven't stopped playing it really. I've been playing as much as I could with it. It's a great guitar. It plays very smoothly and sounds great, plugged in and unplugged. I play a lot of genres like pop punk and deathcore, and everything in between. it's comfortable to play any of those genres.

what I'm impressed with is the bird inlays. it's odd, cause last year's SE models didn't have birds. this year's did, and I'm glad I waited. they're quite stunning.

the neck feels very comfortable. It fits in my hands better than my Schecter does. it's a very great feeling.

I've been waiting for this guitar since the end of JUNE!!! I ordered it June 26th, in hopes i could have it by my next show on July 10th. NOPE. it was on back order. and wasn't expected in til August 15th. so I wait patiently. and when August 15th come around, Guitar Center corp tells me "oh, it wasn't on this truck, it'll be on the next truck on the 31st." so I wait again... when the 31st comes, the tell me "oh, well, ALL back order shipments will be in by September 10th." so now I finally have it, and I couldn't be happier.

I'll be using this on my band's first EP we're recording now. with us starting guitar tracks this Sunday, it's great timing.
Quote by pedromiles101
Quote by JKHC
HNGD, I've always wanted an SE SC or a Custom 24. So jealous.......
But I thought that the SCs came with dot inlays and only the higher end PRS and the SE customs came with bird!!!!

I want one even more now!!!!!!!!!!!

Whats the neck like compared to the strat?

last year's SC SE models DID have moon-dots inlays. this year, they changed that and added in bird inlays.
Quote by pedromiles101
Quote by Robbgnarly
HNGD I've been eyeballing at PRS SC for a while, just a little to broke right now

I snagged mine for $500 when GC was having some 15% off sale.

EDIT: HOLY TRIPLE POST, BATMAN!!!

I'm ashamed
Quote by pedromiles101
Last edited by randomhero93 at Sep 19, 2011,
I don't even like singlecuts and I'm drooling all over my screen right now. HNGD, that's one sexy thing!
Why did you have to post that pic!!!!!!!!!!!!???????? Now I really want one. I'd pay up to $100 extra for bird inlays on any guitar. That was one reason I wanted the Se Custom 24, because of the inlays.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Last edited by JKHC at Dec 12, 2011,
How much mula? the answer may mean i have the exact same hngd in about 5 hours
You know what? My actual electric IS a Schecter Omen 6, in the ugliest black finish. AND MY NEXT GUITAR IS A PRS SE SINGLECUT!!!!!! Sooo nice. But, mine will have a trem for sure.. HNGD!!!

How's the PRS vs the Omen 6?
Last edited by n1ckn1ce at Sep 19, 2011,
Quote by cbara
How much mula? the answer may mean i have the exact same hngd in about 5 hours

it was $500 with a 15% off coupon
Quote by pedromiles101
Quote by n1ckn1ce
You know what? My actual electric IS a Schecter Omen 6, in the ugliest black finish. AND MY NEXT GUITAR IS A PRS SE SINGLECUT!!!!!! Sooo nice. But, mine will have a trem for sure.. HNGD!!!

How's the PRS vs the Omen 6?

oh how coincidental!!! haha. i prefer the PRS cause it fits my hand better to me and plays better. i'll still use my Schecter a lot though
Quote by pedromiles101
Quote by guy_tebache
HNGD
I'm not the biggest PRS fan, but even I'm jealous of that one. Enjoy.

+1 that is one beautiful guitar! don't hate on PRS but not a fanboy, i would not mind having that one though! very sweet.
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.
HNGD! nice to see a PRS without some gaudy ugly flame top/or quilt top or even veneered of the others. IMO PRS way over does it on the glitz and glamour.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup
HNGD! nice to see a PRS without some gaudy ugly flame top/or quilt top or even veneered of the others. IMO PRS way over does it on the glitz and glamour.

+1000000

Hngd. That's a classy guitar, one of few PRSs that I like the look of. No offence to PRS lovers, I'm sure they play and sound excellent and I'd take that over looks any day.
Quote by ProgFolk12
+1000000

Hngd. That's a classy guitar, one of few PRSs that I like the look of. No offence to PRS lovers, I'm sure they play and sound excellent and I'd take that over looks any day.

I picked the colorway for the exact reason of class. I think almost ALL white guitars are very classy, and attractive. and I just wasn't really interested in the other colors PRS had for this guitar. the solid whit was just spectacular.
Quote by pedromiles101
That thing needs to be kept in a smoke filled room for the next 12 months. That would give it a nice creamy color.

Just kidding. Congrats.
Quote by Spud Spudly
That thing needs to be kept in a smoke filled room for the next 12 months. That would give it a nice creamy color.

Just kidding. Congrats.

not happening, as I don't smoke and highly despise the smell of it.

Quote by thehikingdude
Congrats!!! Great score! Welcome to the PRS Family!!

thanks dude. honestly, you're a part of the reason on why I bought this, cause I see all of your NGD threads and all of them are some of the most immaculate pieces of art, and everyone and myself get jealous. even though this doesn't have like, a 10A quilt or somethin like that, I love the classiness the white gives the guitar, and PRS did an amazing job . so partly, you're to blame for the PRS mindwash.
Quote by pedromiles101
Sorry to necrobump such a nice NGD.
Hows the PRS SE Wide/fat vs the shcecter neck? Thicker? Wider?
(Tried to pm you, didn't worked. :/)
Quote by JKHC

Why did you have to post that pic!!!!!!!!!!!!???????? Now I really want one. I'd pay up to $100 extra for bird inlays on any guitar. That was one reason I wanted the Se Custom 24, because of the inlays.

Yes, I just quoted myself. Weird how I posted I was gassing for a PRS SE and ended up getting one

Anyway, ^^^^you seem really keen on getting a SE.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Quote by randomhero93

thanks dude. honestly, you're a part of the reason on why I bought this, cause I see all of your NGD threads and all of them are some of the most immaculate pieces of art, and everyone and myself get jealous. even though this doesn't have like, a 10A quilt or somethin like that, I love the classiness the white gives the guitar, and PRS did an amazing job . so partly, you're to blame for the PRS mindwash.

Sorry, I hadn't seen this until just now. This is one of the nicest compliments I've ever gotten.

Many thanks!!!!!!

=====================================
I don't care about necrobumping. If we shouldn't do it, then make it so we can't. Anytime someone wants to necrobump one of my threads - GO FOR IT. No complaints from me!
Quote by JKHC
Anyway, ^^^^you seem really keen on getting a SE.

I'm gasing for one. But out of the four singlecuts, no one meets all the features i like :/the tremonti doenst have the maple top(and the binding is too flashy), the singlecut doesnt have enough knob, im afraid the 245 will be too heavy weigth-wise, and the Zack Myers have the third humbucker. Meh.
Last edited by n1ckn1ce at Dec 13, 2011,
Quote by n1ckn1ce
the tremonti doenst have the maple top

Big deal? Looks aren't everything, ya know!

Quote by n1ckn1ce
the singlecut doesnt have enough knob

How often do you use 2 volume/tone knobs?

Quote by n1ckn1ce
im afraid the 245 will be too heavy weigth-wise

The one I have is pretty heavy, the other I tried wasn't too heavy but it was heavier than a Gibby LP.

Quote by n1ckn1ce
Zack Myers have the third humbucker

Meh
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Quote by JKHC
Big deal? Looks aren't everything, ya know!

I know, but the maple gives a little spark, i just like that.

Quote by JKHC
How often do you use 2 volume/tone knobs?

When i want to use both pickups on my schecter, the bridge pup ''harshen'' the mix, and i cant dim it since it one vol/one tone.

Quote by JKHC
The one I have is pretty heavy, the other I tried wasn't too heavy but it was heavier than a Gibby LP.

That, plus the scale might be too short for me and my drop C/B.

Quote by JKHC
Meh

Altough, it have : thin body, maple cap, EBONY FB with a FLEUR DE LYS(that a great plus^^), a Tonepros AVT-II bridge (or look-alike :P ). I'm leaning toward this one. Plus, blue guitars are nice.
That, plus the scale might be too short for me and my drop C/B.

I HATE THIS^

Scales are never to short. It's all down to personal preference+String Guage.

I'm in a post-Metal band. By band mate plays a HH Jaguar (24" scale) in B standard. He uses 14s (A medium seven string set without the high e)

IT sounds and plays ****ing killer
Quote by n1ckn1ce
Sorry to necrobump such a nice NGD.
Hows the PRS SE Wide/fat vs the shcecter neck? Thicker? Wider?
(Tried to pm you, didn't worked. :/)

you know, I barely check my PM's anymore cause it's like, a dead feature on here many people probably don't even pay attention to. anyways. It's odd, my Schecter's neck is a tad thinner and the fretboard seems wider, while the PRS seems to be a tad fuller, yet a bit more narrow. it's nothing to complain about as both necks are highly comfortable to me. then again, I think there's only like, 2 necks that I hate playing on. I'm not really picky when it comes to neck shapes.

thanks for the necrobump and thanks for all the happy NGD wishes, guys.

I'm using this guitar specifically for my band, and even recorded all my guitars for my band's first EP on this guitar (except for 1 song, where I used my Schecter [it's a drop B song {My PRS is in Drop D}]) and the EP will be out by next friday, so, yeah, we're really excited. I haven't played a show with this yet, but we have 3 shows lined up in January, so show experience with this baby will come soon. Though, at band practice, we pretty much act like we're playing a show, so it's quite the sturdy piece of work. Doesn't lose tune easily and whatnot. yeah, thought I might add a lil update while my thread seems to still exist.
Quote by pedromiles101
WANT!!!!!

I was tempted by a PRS SE single cut....
But they only did them in Antique white

And that didn't seem white enough for me

What shade is your in exactly?
(as in the politically correct term for it?)
Nice one.

I have a thing for white guitars. Especially with black binding/bevels on them.

Like this.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Dec 14, 2011,