i use guitarbackingtrack.com and guitarbt.com all the time (almost daily) to practise my guitar, but i FINALLY after 10 years came into a bass guitar (thanks to a VERY generous gift from a friend because i helped him with some stuff)

anyhow

where the hell are us 'bassists' supposed to find backing tracks? seems there are TONS of guitar sites out there, but nothing that focuses on bass....

if u know of links to bass backing tracks, post them here and maybe we can get this stickied!!!

thx boys n girls
LYRICS. WASTED TIME BETWEEN SOLOS

l
thanks dopelope. thats a good resource and i will keep that in mind but i am looking for backing tracks of popular songs (ozzy, sublime, rush, rchp, ect. ect. ect)

l
why don't you just play along with the actual songs? it's never been a hinderance for me...

x
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Rockbass Streamer Fretless
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
I happen to enjoy every mankiss from shinhoman.
Quote by shinhoman
why don't you just play along with the actual songs? it's never been a hinderance for me...

x

This, or just get TuxGuitar
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by Dr. Koolaide
basses don't need backing tracks. just find a really crappy pair of earbuds

Or just use computer speakers!
ya im finding that is almost the best way for a bassist... kinda nice too because u have a little bit of the original bass so u can hear when ur making a mistake...
i will check out that TuxGuitar

i used to have Guitar Pro and i loved it, i could just mute the bass track and go for it, AND have the tab, but since i re-installed and cleaned out my cpu system i have lost it because i didnt have the cd key bullshit... damn

maybe ill try getting guitar pro back...

l
Playing along with songs is fine, but IMO, there's only so far you can go with it. Sure, it does help with timing etc, but sometimes you just want to jam about a bit - and having a drum track behind you is invaluable for that.
Quote by Dogruitag
i think he wants to dream theater to be considered more metal, so he dyed his beard.

Quote by LookAlive
Lmfao, this is the best thread ever, aside from the fact that it involves a girl being harpooned through a tent.
Quote by ToolBass_dude
Playing along with songs is fine, but IMO, there's only so far you can go with it. Sure, it does help with timing etc, but sometimes you just want to jam about a bit - and having a drum track behind you is invaluable for that.

I think most of us were implying that a regular song played through computer speakers or cheap earbuds is pretty much just a drum track. No reason you can't jam over that or go as far as you like with it.
Drum VSTi, make your own drum backing tracks =P
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!