Page 1 of 4
Now, hypothetically, let's imagine that your grandfather on his death bed told you, in his last moments, that he was part of the Nazi regime in the war and commited many war crimes. How would you react?

Also in his will he left you all of his belognings from his time in the war - his nazi uniform and such. What would you do with them?

Quote by FlashNinja
1. Now, hypothetically, let's imagine that your grandfather on his death bed told you, in his last moments, that he was part of the Nazi regime in the war and commited many war crimes. How would you react?

2. Also in his will he left you all of his belognings from his time in the war - his nazi uniform and such. What would you do with them?

1. K, coo

2. Sell that shit.
I'd be seriously fucking confused about how my Jewish, son-of-a-Russian-immigrant grandfather who fought in WWII in the pacific found time to be a German Nazi soldier.

Keep the belongings either way though - those things are pieces of history, even if a dark piece, and need preservation. Maybe rent to a museum.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
Well, that's literally impossible with any of my family members, so

I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Quote by necrosis1193
I'd be seriously fucking confused about how my Jewish, son-of-a-Russian-immigrant grandfather who fought in WWII in the pacific found time to be a German Nazi soldier.

Shit happens.
Quote by FlashNinja
Time travel happens.

Fixed.

I'd also hope there were little clues in his stuff as to the aforementioned time machine that makes this possible.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
I would not be surprised
Quote by Ian_the_fox
You're not girly enough of a boy for me, and you're not man enough to take the top. So like, sorry bitch but you ain't mine! Sorry.
I would Nazi that coming.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
I'd tell him he's crazy because he's Asian.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
I probably wouldn't blame him and maybe I'd donate his uniform to the Holocaust Museum if they were interested in it. Otherwise I'd wear it to the gym.
Quote by FlashNinja
Now, hypothetically, let's imagine that your grandfather on his death bed told you, in his last moments, that he was part of the Nazi regime in the war and commited many war crimes. How would you react?
Quote by necrosis1193
Quote by zgr0826
Well, that's literally impossible with any of my family members, so

Quote by jetfuel495
My grandfather was in the Indian army, your questions are invalid
Quote by Colgate Total
My grandfather is dead; he also wasn't white, or of European descent.

Strong lack of understanding of the word "hypothetically" in this thread.
They say the old woman's got the wisdom
'Cause she couldn't read the clock anymore
She said "The numbers don't represent the moments"
Says she don't see what all the ticking's for
Quote by Greenfinger182
Strong lack of understanding of the word "hypothetically" in this thread.

Sir, I fully understand the definition of the word "hypothetical" and I am aware of what TS was asking us to do. However, this situation is so far removed from my personal life that I would not be able to sufficiently place myself into said scenario, thus I would give an insufficient answer.

So suck mah nuts!
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Quote by zgr0826
Sir, I fully understand the definition of the word "hypothetical" and I am aware of what TS was asking us to do. However, this situation is so far removed from my personal life that I would not be able to sufficiently place myself into said scenario, thus I would give an insufficient answer.

So suck mah nuts!

This, verbatim.
I wouldn't be disturbed or anything or think any less of him, I'd probably think it was kinda neat to be honest And I'd keep something from the uniform, a medal or something small like that and probably the hat, and sell/donate the rest
Quote by ThinLizzyFan
I love you

Who's in a bunker?
Who's in a bunker?
Women and children first
And the children first
And the children
Quote by ethan_hanus
Sell that stuff, if it's in good condition, it's worth a crazy amount of money...especially lugers, if you can get a lugar pre 1930's, in good shape, they are worth $3000 easily.

If he has a luger I'm keeping that shit.
My paternal grandfather's been dead since I was living in a testicle.

My maternal grandfather was born some time in the forties.
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: Coltrane

The apple always falls close to the tree, but the tree always falls on the power lines.
1st reaction: How in the hell did you manage to do that and become the VP of the southeast bottling division of Coca-Cola at the same time?

What I do with his stuff: Keep it, and use it to scare people off my land later in life.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
I'd try and sell it to a museum if it was pristine, if not i'd burn it. I sympathize many people that joined the Nazi's because they wanted to destroy the allies because they ****ed them up the ass and out their mouths with the Treaty Of Versailles, but the things many of those people did were unspeakable and i hope they burned/burn slowly in a hot pit of lava for it.
i have family who were nazi's,then i have family who fought against germany at the same time,my great grandfather saw multiple speeches hitler gave,its one of those things i dont talk about where i live because all these super racist americans and ther rebel flags.....anyway,just part of haritage.it aint like i fought in any way, and yes, i do have a few german soldier things,like medals ald gerrman soldier matchbox holder. then again i have german family who moved here and fought against germany...i got one of ther purple hearts they were awarded.
Grandfather on my fathers side was a US Marine in WWI. Grandfather on my mothers side was a US marine in the Philippines during the Spanish American war. Finding out that either of them was a NAZI would not surprise me.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by maowcat
I'd try and sell it to a museum if it was pristine, if not i'd burn it. I sympathize many people that joined the Nazi's because they wanted to destroy the allies because they ****ed them up the ass and out their mouths with the Treaty Of Versailles, but the things many of those people did were unspeakable and i hope they burned/burn slowly in a hot pit of lava for it.

true,nazi's had extremeist ways,but the way america did firebombing and droped 2 bombs on japan killing so many innocent....its hard to justify one better then the other,death is death,it isnt good however its done,killing the enemy could be justifide easily, but civilians? both sides were hypocrits.
Quote by Momentosis
I'd tell him he's crazy because he's Asian.

Despite being both Axis you don't think there wasn't at least Japanese Nazi's?

I know you said Asian, which isn't the same as Japanese. well you get my point on that. but the fact still stands :P
You belong in a museum.

Do you Enjoy Forza, and wish to be in an in game Club?! Look no further! Please, join.. there is no one else!
1)do not care

2)I'd wear the nazi uniform
THE SOLE PURPOSE OF THIS SIG IS TO GRAB YOUR ATTENTION TO THIS POST OF UTTER GENIUS
Hey, fuck you guys. My grandfather died in the concentration camps.

He fell off a guard tower.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
if we're assuming that it's just him and us in the room, then i'd probably keep it to myself and smoke myself stupid to not think about. if this secret were to get out in the open, i'd probably discuss it once, and then try to just get on with my life.
I've got the spirit, but lose the feeling.
First of a TS, the rise and fall of the Nazi's is history. Who gives a shit if he was a Nazi? So what? That's life, it goes on. Second, i have several family member who are Nazis, and committed terrible crimes against the Jews. You have to understand, not ALL Nazis actually hate Jews. It's either you join or you die.

And keep the Nazi stuff, its a piece of history. If i ever had the chance to meet Hitler, I would have! I would of loved to share a conversation with him.
Along similar lines, I have several older family members, both sides, who were/ are members of the KKK. For some reason, that I can handle better than the Nazi question, though not because of affection. These are all distant relatives that I have no contact with except at funerals.
I've got the spirit, but lose the feeling.
Quote by spookyguitar
true,nazi's had extremeist ways,but the way america did firebombing and droped 2 bombs on japan killing so many innocent....its hard to justify one better then the other,death is death,it isnt good however its done,killing the enemy could be justifide easily, but civilians? both sides were hypocrits.

While the atomic bombings were horrific, I wouldn't really compare an indiscriminate bombing that killed 250,000 people to the systematic murder, torture and extortion of over 20 times that. I'm not going to waste your time pointing out things you already know they did but don't attempt to belittle the brutal devastation they caused.

I don't see how people would not look down upon them upon finding this out. Granted your grandfather obviously wouldn't a bad person if he was just some janitor in a Nazi office building but you can't justify the actions of someone who ran a death camp or worked for the Einsatzgruppen as just going along with the crowd, it is just pure evil to commit some of the acts they did.
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
Page 1 of 4