I'm looking for a new amp for band practice, home practice, and the occasional gig. I play high gain metal and so far, my favorite amp has been the Peavey 6505+ head. However, the head is MUCH too loud for my purposes, so I was wondering this: I've played the combo and wasn't impressed by any means, but by swapping the tubes and the speaker (to a V-30) would the tone of the combo be comparable to the head? Also, would the 112 combo be loud enough to be heard over a pretty hard hitting drummer in band practice?
Gear

Schecter C-1+

LTD MH-350NT

Line 6 Valve 212 MkII
the 112 combo is plenty loud enough for anything u may want. by swapping out the speaker and tubes (depending on what your going for, or which tubes) then yes you can greatly better the sound of the combo amp. getting it close to the tone of the head? not happening. are u limited to just the 6505+ combo?
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
No, I just happen to have an option of getting an already modded combo. I'm open to other things as well. I've been researching for months, but I can't decide. I'm looking for either a combo, or a lower wattage head (<50). Budget is somewhere around $1000 (should also include cab for halfstack)
Gear

Schecter C-1+

LTD MH-350NT

Line 6 Valve 212 MkII
Quote by iEvil
No, I just happen to have an option of getting an already modded combo. I'm open to other things as well. I've been researching for months, but I can't decide. I'm looking for either a combo, or a lower wattage head (<50). Budget is somewhere around $1000 (should also include cab for halfstack)

damn if u said u already had a cab i woulda been like MINI RECTO!

but u are aware of lack of versatility of the 6505?
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

I <3 TWEED
Yeah. I've actually been considering a used Peavey JSX combo. Just not sure if it's br00tz enough.
Gear

Schecter C-1+

LTD MH-350NT

Line 6 Valve 212 MkII
Quote by iEvil
Yeah. I've actually been considering a used Peavey JSX combo. Just not sure if it's br00tz enough.

it definatley is. you know, you should check out bugera, they make great sounding clones. (waits for the flame)
Quote by kangaxxter

Quote by Blompcube

I <3 TWEED
Quote by EspTro
it definatley is. you know, you should check out bugera, they make great sounding clones. (waits for the flame)

Originally Posted by ibanez_guru
ARE YOU TONE ******ED??????

Thats not a dig either, its a serious question!!!!!!!!!

Quote by gregs1020
well i did sit 5th row for the who in '82.

ears are still ringing a bit.