Hey, what's up UG
I need a new bass amp!
The one I have currently cannot support such low tones ie. My
5 string bass and produces a rattling sound.
I need an amp that I can play at small gigs and that won't drowned
in my drummers loud playing.
I was thinking something like this

Ampeg BA110 35W
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/280729259097?hlp=false

Any help will be greatly appraciated!!
How about don't get that?

35 watts is a loud practice amp. do some searches, 200+ watts go, scroll down even there's 13 threads on amps on budgets for gigging right below
what's you budget?
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
As previously mentioned, a 35 watt won't hold up with a loud drummer. You should aim at atleast 200+ watts.

Quote by dark Mass
what's you budget?

This.

If you don't give us a budget, we'll never be able to help you find an amp that wil lfit you.
Gear:

Fender American Hand Stained stratocaster
Fender 72' Telecaster Deluxe FSR

Squier Vista Venus

Boss TU-3
Boss OD-3
Pro co Rat 2
EHX Big Muff Nano
EHX Small clone
Boss DD7
Hardwire Supernatural

Vox AC30cc1
Blackheart Little Giant stack
Plan to either spend a dickload of money to get a good sound out of your 5 string, or only play the top 4 strings.
GK RB 400 2x10 combo with a 1x15 extention cab. Sound great, pretty cheap and plenty of headroom if you ever need it.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Fishybones
As previously mentioned, a 35 watt won't hold up with a loud drummer. You should aim at atleast 200+ watts.

Exactly this, while a 35 watt amp can provide enough volume it will lose a lot of clarity. All you'll be left with is a horrible distorted noise. Try and find yourself a good pre-owned amp.
Quote by Grimwade

That's from the US, I can tell without clicking the link that it will be a lot more expensive over here and even if you got the voltage converted (a 30 second job on those GKs) the shipping costs will kill you.
Where abouts in Aussie are you?
This Fender BXR 300 combo is a shitload of amp for $150.
This Kustom KB200 would be a good deal if you snagged it for the opening price, you probably won't have a lot of competition.
And a Ashdown Five Fifteen should get you where you want to go for $400.

Quote by Donkey_Punch
Plan to either spend a dickload of money to get a good sound out of your 5 string, or only play the top 4 strings.

No.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
Last edited by consecutive e at Sep 21, 2011,
+1 on the BXR I had the BXR200 for years and loved it, put wheels on it!
Even 15" speakers can't really do the Low B properly, there is still obvious tonal differences. In reality the only way I've found to reliably do the low B is either lots of compression or an 18" speaker.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by consecutive e
That's from the US, I can tell without clicking the link that it will be a lot more expensive over here and even if you got the voltage converted (a 30 second job on those GKs) the shipping costs will kill you.
Where abouts in Aussie are you?
This Fender BXR 300 combo is a shitload of amp for $150.
This Kustom KB200 would be a good deal if you snagged it for the opening price, you probably won't have a lot of competition.
And a Ashdown Five Fifteen should get you where you want to go for $400.

No.

Hey man thanks for the links, but price isn't much of a worry as I have check the total cost for amazon to ship it here it it comes under $460aus whilst here in Australia the stores sells it for 1,200 haha.
So what's your best bet for around those amps?
That fender is 300 watts, that's a great amount, good headroom for cleans in nearly any situation, and also cheap
Could use with a service though. And I'm very skeptical that you'll get that MB combo here for that much, plus what Nutter posted in your other thread about it only being rated at 51hz I don't think it's the best choice.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB