what would be a general recommended action height at the 12 fret in mm's for a epiphone sg310 with 10-52 strings and used for mainly chunky kinda metal, punk, rock rhythm on the low end and fast solos, lead guitar etc.

i've been have problems with getting the right action height to suit the guitar?
My Rig:

• Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Blackcherry
  • Randall RG75D-G3
  • Dunlop Crybaby Wah
  • Boss FV-50 H volume
  • Boss DM-2 analogue delay

My Last.FM page

The UPROAR My music blog/webzine.
lower and raise until it feels comfortable to play, the notes sustain, but there is little or no fret buzz; you need to determine what feels right for you
about 1mm-1.5mm, somepeople who hate all fretbuzz even go 2mm under the 12th fret while pressing the first and last fret down.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
Quote by Tango616
about 1mm-1.5mm, somepeople who hate all fretbuzz even go 2mm under the 12th fret while pressing the first and last fret down.

don't both fretting the strings when measuring action!

2mm is a medium action on the 6th string at the 12th fret and should be achievable on most reasonable guitars if the neck relief and frets are good.

I'd run through a quick relief check first following the instructions in here: Ultimate Setup Thread first, before trying to adjust the general string height.
Jackson DK2M
Jackson DKMG (81/85)
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960a
Boss GT-8 4cm
I like my action around 2mm, sometimes a bit under. Nice sustain, very little buzz. But the action is just measured at the 12th fret, no fretting done.

My stoner rock friend says my action is "weird" xD
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
I have a G-400 and compared to my other guitars it has high action, but I really like it on that guitar it just feels right on it.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate