I was on reddit's Today I learnt subforum and saw a link: TIL Bill Murray gut stuck in groundhogs day for 12,403 days. That's 33 years and 358 days!
Which went to this website:
http://whatculture.com/film/just-how-many-days-does-bill-murray-really-spend-stuck-reliving-groundhog-day.php

It basically over-analyses the movie and discovers that in order to learn all the things he did within the movie, he would need to live through 12,403 groundhog days, not counting days where he didn't get anything done.

I thought it was pretty interesting, even if it was a bit of a read.
I serchbarred but didn't see a thread
Quote by Hergiswi

Once I fucked a mountain gorilla and it couldn't even tell me it loved me afterward.
Quote by spanishyanez
Mental you get my vote for making me laugh for more than 3 minutes
Thats pretty cool. After 33 years thought he would have found someone better looking than droopy lady
You are part of the rebel alliance, and a traitor.

I'm sure I've seen this thread before.

thousands of times ;.;
you still have zoiiidbeeeerg
(V) (;,,;) (V)
YOU ALL STILL HAVE ZOIDBERG
Quote by TheBurningFish
It's more shocking to see Tom dressed at all.
Quote by suckersdream
I don't think I've ever actually seen him clothed.
Sexy Peoples Only
◕ ‿ ◕
TweetZ
I don't agree. He uses the argument that he saw a movie 100 times, and adds that to the six months. Those 100 times could have overlapped in those six months.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
I don't agree. He uses the argument that he saw a movie 100 times, and adds that to the six months. Those 100 times could have overlapped in those six months.
You are the most pedantic person in the entire universe.
Horseness is the whatness of allhorse.
We are all Neil Lennon
UG GT5 group
There was one of these threads that brought up a larger number than 34 years, if I remember correctly.
Edit: @ Jack Off Jill:
I think he shrugged it off with a 'who would watch the same movie twice in a day?'.
But it is a good point. Still, he doesn't allow for days when he gets nothing done, or learns skills he didn't display in the movie
Quote by Hergiswi

Once I fucked a mountain gorilla and it couldn't even tell me it loved me afterward.
Quote by spanishyanez
Mental you get my vote for making me laugh for more than 3 minutes
Last edited by mental_cookie at Sep 20, 2011,
"In Groundhog Day, Bill Murray would probably have raped and killed Andie MacDowell quite a few times, really gone to town. I can see why they left that out of the movie. Bill Murray’s character’s real triumph is that he can still eventually fall in love with someone after he has spunked on her disembodied colon."

- Frankie Boyle
Quote by mental_cookie
Edit: @ Jack Off Jill:
I think he shrugged it off with a 'who would watch the same movie twice in a day?'.
But it is a good point. Still, he doesn't allow for days when he gets nothing done, or learns skills he didn't display in the movie

I know he does. What I'm saying is that say it takes six months to learn to throw cards in a hat. He says you practice for five or six hours a day. But that's still a lot of time throughout the rest of the day to watch a movie over and over again. Even if it's just one day per viewing, you still can't just assume that you'd add sixty days. This applies to almost all of those things. I don't think Bill Murray would just do one thing a day.

Like, he could possibly see the movie while practicing the card trick. He might watch the movie at 9 am and practice later at noon.
Quote by UraniYum
You are the most pedantic person in the entire universe.

Uhh... The whole argument the guy is making is pedantic. Therefore, the only response is one that is also pedantic.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Last edited by Jack Off Jill at Sep 20, 2011,
Quote by WCPhils
Who didn't know this?

I don't even know who Bill Murray is, let alone Groundhog Day
Quote by goest
^Absolute. Uncompromising. 100% pure, fresh. Solid. Gold.

Quote by WCPhils
That might be my favorite shoop I have ever seen on here.

Quote by KnightBand
Yes! ****ing Yes! YOU LEGEND!!!
Quote by wizards?
Wat.

Quote by goest

Quote by WCPhils

Quote by KnightBand
Quote by wizards?
Caddyshack
Groundhog Day
Stripes
Ghostbusters
The Royal Tenenbaums
The Life Aquatic

If you've seen any of those then you should know who he is.

not seen
Quote by goest

Quote by WCPhils

Quote by KnightBand
I wish I could live a random day for 10 years at least
THE SOLE PURPOSE OF THIS SIG IS TO GRAB YOUR ATTENTION TO THIS POST OF UTTER GENIUS
Quote by Jack Off Jill

I was thinking the same thing.
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
Quote by Drakathan

watch a movie. There you go.

Anyways, this is stupid. He constructs too many "what ifs" or "must haves". Repetition can **** someone up pretty quickly, so getting depressed to want to try to kill yourself isn't something that took a month or so. Plus, within that month, he had time to do the other stuff. At some point he realizes this is all he's doing, so he's going to take advantage of it will definitely overlap.
Quote by Drakathan
not seen

That's kind of sad. Go to the store, find a copy of Caddyshack, it'll probably be in the five buck bin. Buy it, and have something to do for the rest of the day.
Quote by Drakathan

"Now I ain't never hit a kid before...."
Quote by 23dannybhoy23

"Now I ain't never hit a kid before...."

+1

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by The9
Thats pretty cool. After 33 years thought he would have found someone better looking than droopy lady
Best post.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by wizards?
That's kind of sad. Go to the store, find a copy of Caddyshack, it'll probably be in the five buck bin. Buy it, and have something to do for the rest of the day.

we don't have "five buck bins" here.

also, if i were to get one of those it would probably be ghostbusters, which i have at least heard of
Quote by goest

Quote by WCPhils

Quote by KnightBand
Quote by Drakathan
we don't have "five buck bins" here.

also, if i were to get one of those it would probably be ghostbusters, which i have at least heard of

Caddyshack is Murray's best movie. Therefore, you should watch that.

I AWAIT THINE ADVANCE, BROTHER!
Although he should totally chase it with Stripes.