Page 1 of 12
Davis is scheduled to be executed by lethal injection at 7 p.m. Wednesday at a state prison in Jackson, Georgia.

"Monday September 19, 2011, the State Board of Pardons and Paroles met to consider a clemency request from attorneys representing condemned inmate Troy Anthony Davis. After considering the request, the Board has voted to deny clemency," the board said in a statement Tuesday morning.

Davis has gained international support for his long-standing claim that he did not kill MacPhail. International figures including Pope Benedict XVI, Desmond Tutu, and former President Jimmy Carter, entertainers such as Susan Sarandon, Harry Belafonte, and the Indigo Girls, and others have joined with Amnesty International, the NAACP and other groups in supporting Davis' efforts to be exonerated.

Since Davis' conviction in 1991, seven of the nine witnesses against him have recanted or contradicted their testimony. There also have been questions about the physical evidence - and, according to some, the lack thereof - linking Davis to the killing.

Sauce

Disgusting

Quote by Pat_s1t
I remember Das_Skittles made me rage hard.

Quote by WCPhils
I can't stand Das_Skittles everything he says makes me mad.

Quote by due 07
Skittles is the shit you cuntles. Slob on his knob.

My Band Youtube Channel Last.fm
Sad way to start your day.

I was really pulling for him, too. It's quite obvious that things weren't adding up.
Last edited by blake1221 at Sep 20, 2011,
Barbaric.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
AmeriKKKa is a police state.

Sad for the dude. Probably going to be killed for no reason.
Quote by SlinkyBlue

The solution is simple and obvious.

We revolt against ourselves. Mass suicide. The ultimate revolution.
Quote by sage76
AmeriKKKa is a police state.

kkk aren't quite police. try again
your whisper may sway the weak, but when i speak it roars the seas
Quote by SanchoII

Oh don't take away from his wit. It must have taken ages to come up with that zinger.
I, who have not followed nor heard of this story before, just found the name "MacPhail" amusing.
DeVillains!
You'd think the family would have more interest in finding who did kill their son instead of murdering a (probably) innocent man.
**** Georgia
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Such is life in Soviet America.

“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Reading this article has made me furious, two-fold. I'm furious that there is nothing I can do to help, and furious that action is necessary at all.
I've got the spirit, but lose the feeling.
I signed a petition against this. Didn't work, apparently.

Well, that's what you can expect.
Quote by goest
^Absolute. Uncompromising. 100% pure, fresh. Solid. Gold.

Quote by WCPhils
That might be my favorite shoop I have ever seen on here.

Quote by KnightBand
Yes! ****ing Yes! YOU LEGEND!!!
Quote by Dirge Humani
Probably because it was a fucking online petition.

No shame in trying, man.
Quote by goest

Quote by WCPhils

Quote by KnightBand
Quote by Dirge Humani
Probably because it was a fucking online petition.

I didn't think it would do much, but something's better than nothing at all, right?
Quote by blake1221
I didn't think it would do much, but something's better than nothing at all, right?

Yeah. If there's even the slightest chance of it increasing a man's chances to survive, I'd happily type in a few fucking letters on my keyboard.
Quote by goest

Quote by WCPhils

Quote by KnightBand
Abolish the death penalty.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by blake1221
Oh don't take away from his wit. It must have taken ages to come up with that zinger.

I was making 2 points. Racism and the police intimidation that is said to have influenced testimonies.
Quote by SlinkyBlue

Quote by SanchoII

You missed the point. Read again....
Quote by SlinkyBlue

It makes me sad that somewhere as developed as the USA still enforces the death penalty on cases like this. I mean in England there is no death penalty but it's not like this guy is the next Hitler or Bin Laden.
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
What really makes me sad is reading all the comments on the article. Scares me.

We tried.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
In a criminal trial, the judge or jury must be sure that the accused committed the crime beyond a reasonable doubt in order to convict. IMO 7 out of 9 witnesses recanting or contradicting their statements is reason to be skeptical. Sadly, while definitely not the norm, incorrect eyewitness testimonies have wrongly convicted death row inmates in America in the past. I don't know if he's guilty or not but I think this execution is unjust.
WARNING:This post contains explicit portrayals of violence; sex; violent sex; sexual violence; clowns and violent scenes of violent excess, which are definitely not suitable for all audiences.
Quote by Drakathan
Yeah. If there's even the slightest chance of it increasing a man's chances to survive

There wasn't. Surely you lot didn't really think an online petition signed by people 100% outside the case had any chance of swaying a judge...?

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by SteveHouse
There wasn't. Surely you lot didn't really think an online petition signed by people 100% outside the case had any chance of swaying a judge...?

What makes you say that? Judges are still people.
WARNING:This post contains explicit portrayals of violence; sex; violent sex; sexual violence; clowns and violent scenes of violent excess, which are definitely not suitable for all audiences.
Being human means nothing. It means he has human faults dude. One of them is probably an inflated sense of self. "These neckbeards don't know the evidence, all they know is this god damned media circus that won't get off my back. Hell with em."
Quote by Ahteh
What really makes me sad is reading all the comments on the article. Scares me.

I think it's simple. If we want to keep the death penalty around, fine. But if, after an execution, it is found that the prisoner was not guilty, all those responsible for his death should be held liable. Because, even if they didn't push the button, they committed murder.

That's actually semi-reasonable.

Lots of trolls about though.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Last edited by SteveHouse at Sep 20, 2011,
Quote by Jackal58
Abolish the death penalty.

Never

I don't know the story very well but how does anyone know hes not guilty?
Last edited by smokeysteve22 at Sep 20, 2011,
Quote by SteveHouse

You never know. Petitions have done stuff before.

I'm not saying I expect petitions to always work, but what's there against signing?
Quote by goest

Quote by WCPhils

Quote by KnightBand
As sad and rediculously ****ed up as it is, I can't say I'm all too surprised. The country as a whole never quits shocking me at it's idiocy, least of all the backwards states like Georgia, Texas, etc. The people in charge in American south are the worst, always have been, always will be...

edit:
The board has never changed its mind on any case in the past 33 years.

That says a lot...
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
Last edited by FoolOnThePlanet at Sep 20, 2011,
Quote by FoolOnThePlanet
As sad and rediculously ****ed up as it is, I can't say I'm all too surprised. The country as a whole never quits shocking me at it's idiocy, least of all the backwards states like Georgia, Texas, etc. The people in charge in American south are the worst, always have been, always will be...

edit:

That says a lot...
Don't insult an entire region when you can't even spell "ridiculously"correctly.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by SteveHouse
Being human means nothing. It means he has human faults dude. One of them is probably an inflated sense of self. "These neckbeards don't know the evidence, all they know is this god damned media circus that won't get off my back. Hell with em."

I can see your point and perhaps one of the judges definitely took that attitude. I still think you're too quick to dismiss that they're still people though. American judges usually don't merely apply the law in the most literal and strictest sense when making a decision but also take the social, political and economic consequences of their decision into consideration. So, petitions are very relevant. Most judges are just educated people who are trying to make good choices for society. Not robots reciting and applying a strict set of laws.
Quote by element4433
Don't insult an entire region when you can't even spell "ridiculously"correctly.

This.

And I just signed an on campus petition for this guy. I'm really hoping it does something.
Quote by Dirge Humani
Hooray, someone who actually does something that matters!

Better than nothing, still.
Quote by goest

Quote by WCPhils

Quote by KnightBand
Even if petitions don't actually get things done (which they often do not) think of them as a way to spread awareness. When I posted the petition link on Facebook several people said that they hadn't heard about it, were outraged, and reposted it. The more public outrage, the more likely for something positive to happen.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

I'm sure the four and a half hours until he's executed is plenty of time.

edit: I'm being told today is Tuesday, not Wednesday.
Last edited by MakinLattes at Sep 20, 2011,