Old News, I have been following that since April on the Gibson webpage. I would have to say 90% of the people over there thought it was a stupid joke and a waste of time and money...well needless to say I really dont associate with them anymore, very biased on there own opinions and not able to see things as a whole. I think this guitar is freaking awesome; however I am not a huge live performer, if I was all the electronic gadgets and gizmos would probably put me off as you would definitely want a back up guitar. Something tells me if anything electronic breaks or malfunctions on this guitar its not only going to be a PITA to fix but it probably wont be cheap.
probably be worse and more cheaply made than the robot. When i buy a guitar i make sure there's a numetal setting on it. HA
Quote by cainmd
probably be worse and more cheaply made than the robot. When i buy a guitar i make sure there's a numetal setting on it. HA

So because it has a section to scoop your mids the guitar is instantly crap? I would really love to know how you came to this conclusion. I am not a huge fan of Numetal or the scooped sound myself but I wouldn't judge a product based on that alone.
its pretty awesome with all the features build in etc. but not for me. i can see it working definitly but i just prefer plug and play. as for looks i like the non reverse style but prefer the 'normal' reverse style firebird. the finish is also too flashy for me.

for all the interested people: chappers demo'd one at andertons and i like that demo pretty much they have some pretty great tones out of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zb7G6KbwCpE&feature=feedu
It's generally a good idea to do new stuff, but I don't know about this one. Digital fx built into a guitar doesn't click with me. Also, it is just fugly. However, I think some aspects about it like the automatic tuning system are just great.

I think what Ernie Ball introduced with their Game Changer (as stupid as the name is lol) was amazing. Haven't seem them around really but it is a great idea.
innovation is often met with intense criticism.

gibson is damned if they do and damned if they don't, every time.

people seem to forget that les paul himself built tape echo into a guitar, a long long time ago and was an extreme innovator.

but....

that particular guitar isn't exactly their best effort imo, but i'm sure it's quite useful to someone.
The look has a very classic fine furniture look...

^^^Its expensive furniture that makes sounds.

Waste of the great non-reversed firebird. Line 6 tried the preset deal with their Variax, didnt take off. The only merit this has is the robot tuners...which i could see malfunctioning and snapping every string eventually?
Guitars:
LTD KH-602
LTD M-15
Schecter Hellraiser FR (for sale w/hsc, pm me.)
BC Rich Bronze WarCock
BC Rich Ironbird1
Tokai Voyager
Jackson JS30 Kelly
Vester: Metal flake gold/black crackle
Vester: rainbow crackle
Carvin V220
Quote by gregs1020
innovation is often met with intense criticism.

gibson is damned if they do and damned if they don't, every time.

people seem to forget that les paul himself built tape echo into a guitar, a long long time ago and was an extreme innovator.

but....

that particular guitar isn't exactly their best effort imo, but i'm sure it's quite useful to someone.

It loses its practicality when its price-tag is introduced into the equation. as Innovative as it is, Gibson won't release it at a price that would make the average person interested in it. The price is also what sets itself as a gimmick.

I mean, after a Google search they're probably going to sell for about 5,000. And for that price I can get myself a brand new Prestige S, and a Splawn and a matching cab. which would practically set myself up for life.

I just don't see its usefulness to anyone than avid guitar collectors.
You belong in a museum.

Do you Enjoy Forza, and wish to be in an in game Club?! Look no further! Please, join.. there is no one else!
Is that Justin Bieber playing that thing? If so, I wouldnt buy it just because of that.
On he estethic side, this guitar is ugly. Obviously not a gig instruemnt. But on the technical side, I think every studio in the world should have these.
I appreciate what they're trying to do, but I'd rather have a piece of wood with pickups and strings. Leave the effects to the pedals. And leave the tuning to the tuners. I love Gibson, but I hate Robot guitars. I feel bad for anyone who needs to get a robot fixed..
Music Man JPX 6
Ibanez RGT220H
Fender 50th Anniversary Deluxe Strat
93 Jackson Std Professional (Japan)
03 Gibson LP Special
Alvarez AD60SC

Mesa Single Rectifier/Mesa 4x12 cab
Mesa Transatlantic TA-15
Hughes & Kettner Triplex
That thing is uglier than frog incest! I have great respect for Gibson and I adore my Les Pauls, but somebody over there needs to lay off the crack pipe!
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
its ugly, but you have to respect the innovation.

would i want one? no. but can i see people wanting it? yes.

if you read into gibson's history or have followed Gibson for a long time, you would know that gibson kind of has always stayed ahead of its time. i was reading that back when the Explorer and the Flying V went on sale that they didn't go over well. people werent willing to go try something differnt.

the robot was certainly not gibsons best guitar over all a few years ago, so that has them coming out on the negative side of that release for the firebird V.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
The problem with these Gibson gimmick guitars is that they always push the envelope too damned far. A Les Paul with a piezo and a socket in the back for one or two onboard effects might make sense. But the Firebird packs in too much stuff and just ends up looking stupid and over complicated.
I respect the fact that at least they're trying. Things evolve, and guitar, as hard as it is to accept, will eventually change. In the future - as much as I personally hate to admit it, because I love the sound, feel and look of a roaring amp behind me - amps will probably be built into the guitar itself, and there will be no more amps.

But... god damn. They could have at least TRIED to make the thing look attractive.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Not really pushing the envelope. More like taking all the envelopes and sticking them in one expensive guitar.
Quote by Sinister Waffle
It loses its practicality when its price-tag is introduced into the equation. as Innovative as it is, Gibson won't release it at a price that would make the average person interested in it. The price is also what sets itself as a gimmick.

I mean, after a Google search they're probably going to sell for about 5,000. And for that price I can get myself a brand new Prestige S, and a Splawn and a matching cab. which would practically set myself up for life.

I just don't see its usefulness to anyone than avid guitar collectors.

pro musicians can afford it just like mechanics can afford good tools. it's the same thing.

i doubt it will be much more than the dark fire or dusk tiger, which here in the states was about $2800-3200 depending.

tim from 311 uses a dark fire and amplitube for hotel room practice/writing on tour, so before anyone says the pros would scoff at it know that pros use these things every day.
I like the bridge. anybody know if I can get a hold of one of these from a 3rd party vendor?
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Quote by gregs1020
pro musicians can afford it just like mechanics can afford good tools. it's the same thing.

i doubt it will be much more than the dark fire or dusk tiger, which here in the states was about $2800-3200 depending.

tim from 311 uses a dark fire and amplitube for hotel room practice/writing on tour, so before anyone says the pros would scoff at it know that pros use these things every day.

this.

i mean, i think it's pretty silly, but nobody is forcing me to buy one... i do have a line 6 variax that i'd take on tour with me as a guitar for noodling around, if i was on tour.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
its obviously not a guitar to show at a gig, people eill laugh at you, but its probably a studio marvel and i would like to own one, if i could have it for free. As said before, for the price this shit is going to cost, i would prefer a PRS Tremonti and a nice mesa head and some huge cabs trough a shitload of pedals.
Didn't pay attention to anything else on that page after I noticed Justin Bieber got a breast augmentation and was playing the guitar in the picture.
Quote by Zeppelin71
Umm. . .uh. . .your mom touched sjones' dick. YOUR MOM TOUCHED OUR GUITARISTS GENITALS IN A CAMPER AT A BIKER FESTIVAL! truth.
Sadly, until Henry Juszkiewicz (Gibson CEO) quits or gets fired nothing is going to change with Gibson. He tries so hard to be the next Steve Jobs, but fails at every turn. I've seen enough interviews with him to realize he's at a total loss when it comes to knowing what the public wants or needs.
Appreciate the R&D that went into developing the electronics but it looks fugly.
TESTAMENT, SCAR SYMMETRY......SELF EXPLANATORY

ALEX SKOLNICK, PER NILSSON........ADULATION MANDATORY

Gear: JACKSON RR3

Member#25 of the IRON MAIDEN ARE GODS CLUB. PM Revelations to Join
I saw one of these in person today.

I think they look good. Wouldn't shell out that kind of money for one though.
I think this is an absolutely hideous and stupid guitar. Instead of making guitars that will satisfy the player's needs, they're trying to make these high tech monstrosities that only rich people can afford to buy. I swear. I love Gibson but until they focus on making better quality guitars with better features, I'm just gonna try to stay away from them. For this price, I can buy myself an amazing Ibanez, PRS, or Schecter + a good amp, and a high quality POD and I'd still have money left over.
Quote by Chaz-6(sic)6
Hmm...May 27th to May 20th? Either you meant 30th or you're some kind of time traveler.

Choose your steel. Be the hero or die the fool.
Just face me on this burning bridge and show me
which side you choose.

>>Listen to my metulz!<<
Quote by xlRainlx
I think this is an absolutely hideous and stupid guitar. Instead of making guitars that will satisfy the player's needs, they're trying to make these high tech monstrosities that only rich people can afford to buy. I swear. I love Gibson but until they focus on making better quality guitars with better features, I'm just gonna try to stay away from them. For this price, I can buy myself an amazing Ibanez, PRS, or Schecter + a good amp, and a high quality POD and I'd still have money left over.

i realize that this thread is about the firebird X. i posted my thoughts on the first page of this thread the other day.

when you say they are not trying to satisfy the players needs.

they came out with i believe12 new models in the sub $2k range, although i think quite a few were limited prouction, they have released a baritone guitar (something i have been dreaming that gibson would do), they have the $850-$900 LP's that i have played quite a few of them and liked them very much, for example the classic 60's with P90's. there are other things that i havent mentioned, but they are there.

they are doing a lot of things to provide for the average and semi budget guitarist.

if they released only one guitar this year and it were the firebird X, i would agree with you, but i think there were like 20 new models or something like that.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/