I was just wondering if anyone knew a wah that could replicate, or give me a similar (but better) sound than the Vox V847 (used in the following video)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzAfatAMOQ4

I really like the way the V847 sounds and was wondering if there's anything else out there that can help me achieve this sound, I don't want to spend too much money; just around the V847's price range would be nice.

Thanks.
Get a used Crybaby Original from like, any pawn shop, and mod it to the Vox specs if you're handy with a soldering iron, or have a friend who can do it for you. Very few component changes will get you there.
Epi Explorer
Squier Vintage Modified Tele

Dunlop Crybaby (modded)
TC Polytune
Marshall ED-1
Vexter Box of Rock
Harmonic Jerkulator (home made)
Boss CE-3
Line6 Echo Park

Modified Traynor YCV40
Fender Super Champ XD
So you want a wah that sounds like a V847...around the price of a V847.

Have you tried one of these?

If you want "similar but slightly better" just do one of the millions of mods available. The 847 is the cheapest decent wah available, anything in that price range is going to be equal or worse to it. Plus, very few things are voiced like a Vox in that range.
Ernie Ball Wah?

It's a bit different, but that's what I would get if I had the money, with the Vox being my favourite cheap wah.
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
Quote by Roc8995
So you want a wah that sounds like a V847...around the price of a V847.

Have you tried one of these?

If you want "similar but slightly better" just do one of the millions of mods available. The 847 is the cheapest decent wah available, anything in that price range is going to be equal or worse to it. Plus, very few things are voiced like a Vox in that range.

HOLY #*&$ I feel so stupid. I was told they were out of production. What a derp. Welp, feel free to close the thread now. I am buying new.

EDIT: THis is my first pedal, do I need some sort of power box or something? or can I just connect it from my guitar with a cable and a cable on the other end going in to the amp?
Quote by nignog

EDIT: THis is my first pedal, do I need some sort of power box or something? or can I just connect it from my guitar with a cable and a cable on the other end going in to the amp?

Just need an answer to this. Thanks.
Generally you either need an adapter thats up to specs or a 9v battery as rule.
According to eric johnson energiser has the best tone
^ That. A battery will do fine.

May as well get the V845 though, basically the same thing.
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
That current production V847 is a little different than the older v847. It's called the V847A. They use SMT components and have added circuitry. If you want an older version with through hole components, you can get them really cheap on Ebay.

If any of that matters to you. I personally think they sound different.
I attached some pictures of each.

The IMG files are front and back of the board of the newer v847a.
Attachments:
Labeled-Vox-opt.jpg
IMG_0595sm.jpg
IMG_0596sm.jpg
Last edited by Griffin Effects at Sep 24, 2011,
Actually the V847 is back to using proper components asfaik. The V845 or v847a is the cheap SMD version.

They stopped making the V847a now.
Sweet! That's good to know. I haven't seen one that's switched back. I had a customer bring me one that he just bought a GC and it was the V847A only it had a red circuit board that was slightly different than the green board so it seems like there still is a stock of the v847A's out there.