djent is a technique

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
well aslo part of it comes from tone. i know it comes from how you pick, but some of it relies on amp too or am i wrong?
Amp affects tone much more greatly than your pickups, but if you're doing djent, I'm assuming (since you didn't give many details) that you'll be tuning low and with want good mids/high clarity at a low-ish gain setting, a-la Meshuggah.

I've got a PAF Pro that does that sort of thing well. I also love DiMarzio Evolutions, but that's preference in the end. The amp makes most of the difference.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by strat0blaster
Amp affects tone much more greatly than your pickups, but if you're doing djent, I'm assuming (since you didn't give many details) that you'll be tuning low and with want good mids/high clarity at a low-ish gain setting, a-la Meshuggah.

I've got a PAF Pro that does that sort of thing well. I also love DiMarzio Evolutions, but that's preference in the end. The amp makes most of the difference.

I'm guessing he's talking about ENGL amps, but he wasn't particulary clear.
Quote by whoomit
I'm guessing he's talking about ENGL amps, but he wasn't particulary clear.

Holy shit. I can't believe I missed that.

Right out of bed

My bad. I saw Invader and went pups
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Both great amps. I would go with the Invader if you want djent. Myself I would go with the Savage.
Quote by RUMPLED4thSKIN
which would you prefer for a better djent tone?
im at a stand still which is better

Line6 POD.

Quote by GS LEAD 5
Ola manages great djent tones out of his Savage.....

Ola managed great djent tones out of a tin can with beans. The invader has a more modern voicing than the savage, and would be better suited for djent (although I think the savage is a much better amp). That said, some of the best djent tones have been POD. If not that, Axe FX.
WTLTL 2011
Last edited by Mark G at Sep 22, 2011,