Sooooo, SWIM decided to acquire Cubase 5 through a torrent site, downloaded a trusted torrent that from the comments looks like it should work fine. However, when SWIM downloaded it, there were 25 (ish) .rar folders, all with their own .iso files inside.

SWIM mounted one of these images and the computer vaguely recognised it, but didn't load it. SWIM is thinking maybe all these diiferent .iso files should be one larger one. It appears to have worked fine though.

Any help would be great, for this person of course. Thanks.
Last edited by guitar_mad_ali at Sep 20, 2011,
Either buy the proper version or get a multitracker. If you try getting something for nothing you're asking for trouble, no matter what the feedback about the torrent site said.

If you really need free recording software, try Audacity or Reaper, don't steal one you should be paying for.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
See SWIM is a student, has no money and little equipment so SWIM would buy it but thats not an option. Audacity is good if you want to record your grandma's choir, not want to produce music.

I've never tried reaper but having Cubase for the last few years I dont think I'll be able to hack it.
'SWIM' may not have money, but it doesn't change the fact that he's breaking the law.

Audacity may not be rated very highly, but lots of people in these forums think Reaper is very good.

Try it, stop stealing and stop trying to make out it isn't you that's doing it.
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
because of the complexity of programs like cubase and pro tools, I think SWIM will find it very hard to crack, there may be a way, but it will be very long winded and very time consuming, and even then you may well get some features that don't work.
Student versions are cheaper, I got pro tools for about £160 or something, it depends on how well SWIM can save up and what he can justify selling in order to make the money up.

tl;dr it is near impossible to crack, try buying a student version for cheap
Also, read the rules:

NO CONSPIRING TO SPAM OTHER FORUMS OR SOLICIT ILLEGAL ACTIONS
- You cannot use UG to plan an illegal action or plan the attack/spamming of another forum.
Punishment: Decided by the moderator. This may include a warning or ban.

This thread is reported
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
OK. So everybody buy £400 software before ever producing a track? Yes, I'm sure there would be much more music in the world... Yeah its breaking the law but if they're gonna charge £400 then SWIM doesn't have a choice.

Reaper genuinely looks pretty cool.

If SWIM was going to make money from the program then I'm sure they would buy it, but for learning and recreation I don't think so.

Thank you 100%guitarmad i'll try it and see what happens
they do student versions? I'll look but I still don't think SWIM can afford it.

I dont care Gary go fight a decent cause
Last edited by guitar_mad_ali at Sep 20, 2011,
thats cool, but I think they already have an interface so wouldn't wanna pay for another, plus they're kinda used to Cubase and would feel uncomfortable. I did find Cubase 6 for £180 for students.

Maybe I'll sell a kidney
If you *hrm* SWIM is so poor then get Reaper, it's "free" until you decide it's worth those measly 60$... It's not harder than Cubase and it does everything Cubase does, pretty much.
Last edited by Ascendant at Sep 20, 2011,
Odirunn = post of the week.

LOL!!!!

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.