I'm about the buy a new guitar and I have landed on these two, and I can't decide as I don't know anyone personally who owns one either. The guitars are listed below.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/B-C--Rich-Classic-Deluxe-Eagle-Electric-Guitar-512698-i1322806.gc#customer-reviews

(B.C. Rich Classic Deluxe Eagle)

and

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Schecter-Guitar-Research-Solo-6-Custom-Electric-Guitar-105930168-i1503899.gc

(Schecter Solo-6 Custom)

If you want to bash either guitar, that's fine, but I ask for something other than 'schecter sucks' or 'B.C. Rich sucks'; I need reasons why they suck. Also, comments like 'get a [insert other guitar]' instead. I've picked these because I like the features. However, if you believe other models within a reasonable price range are better, I just need to know why they are better.
Last edited by Kenjisan231 at Sep 20, 2011,
neither of the links work
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
I had a B.C. Rich and have just got a Schecter and I must say, the improvment in tone is immense. Granted it was a £120 Warlock and I've just dished out £849 for the Blackjack ATX, but i know some people at my collage that have high end B.C. Rich's and, not to sound like I'm bragging, I believe mine sounds better and it would be hard to dispute.
Quote by RetroGunslinger
neither of the links work

Sorry, I listed the names of the guitar under each link
I have a high end BC Rich as my main guitar and she's pretty slick and all
THE SOLE PURPOSE OF THIS SIG IS TO GRAB YOUR ATTENTION TO THIS POST OF UTTER GENIUS
Quote by Guitar_Jester
They don't really suck, but for that money you can get better guitars.

That's cool and all, but like I said, can you provide some details?

-What guitars are better
-Why are they better
-In terms of quality, playability, design, electronics, what do you not like about the two guitars listed?
my experience with schecter in that price range isnt very good, mine aparently has a crappy ass pickup switch that kills my bridge pickups when it feels like it. Havent tried the bc rich, but the neck thru looks good and rockfields dont sound bad.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/ESP-LTD-Deluxe-EC-1000-Electric-Guitar-516629-i1149002.gc#
this guitar is sex.

*oh, and also, Ive seen 2 schecters in the price range including mine, and the paint job and abalony binding are a bit sloppy, along with the numerous coats of paint.
Marty Friedman is GOD!

curently in a SEX MACHINEGUNS and X JAPAN phase AND Galneryus AND Anthem phase

damn J-Metal, why you so awesome

My Gear:

Schecter Hellraiser V-1 fr
Ibanez RG321mh
Fender GDC-200sce
Peavey Vypyr 30 w/ sanpera 1
Last edited by bustapr at Sep 20, 2011,
Quote by bustapr
my experience with schecter in that price range isnt very good, mine aparently has a crappy ass pickup switch that kills my bridge pickups when it feels like it. Havent tried the bc rich, but the neck thru looks good and rockfields dont sound bad.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/ESP-LTD-Deluxe-EC-1000-Electric-Guitar-516629-i1149002.gc#
this guitar is sex.

I have this guitar, and I love it.

I'm just looking for a second one and I like the coil tap feature, among all the other qualities.
Id grab the schecter anyday, but i had issues with my omen 6.. i kinda lost faith in schecter.
But i hate BCRiches even MORE, so schecter.
Can you give a max price range? And if you went used, you'd get a hell of a nice guitar for that money.
Where's Waldo?
Quote by chadreed32
Can you give a max price range? And if you went used, you'd get a hell of a nice guitar for that money.

$700-750

And I prefer new; its personal preference.
Quote by n1ckn1ce
Id grab the schecter anyday, but i had issues with my omen 6.. i kinda lost faith in schecter.
But i hate BCRiches even MORE, so schecter.

I appreciate the comment, but could you be more specific.

You state you would get a schecter, but you lost faith in them, so this is contradicting.

And as I stated in the original post, if you are going to say you hate it, can you state why? I am not out to argue your opinion, rather, why you hate it may be helpful as to which guitar I choose.

Things you don't like in terms of quality, design, electronics, etc... would be helpful.
If i had a gun on my head, I woulod take the shecter. but otherwise i would go somewhere else: ESP, LTD, PRS SE and maybe even epiphones...
Quote by n1ckn1ce
If i had a gun on my head, I woulod take the shecter. but otherwise i would go somewhere else: ESP, LTD, PRS SE and maybe even epiphones...

What a dangerous venture!
Where's Waldo?
I really do appreciate all the various opinions, and in some case, the more dangerous propositions. But I am asking for a somewhat detailed description of why either product sucks or not.

I mean this in the nicest way but I don't give a **** if you hate either brand, but I do give every **** in the world why. I don't buy items based on how many people say 'dude that sucks' or 'dude that rocks'. While I can respect all of your opinions, this is the information I am asking for.

I need specifics, and by that I need specfic reasons why the quality is bad, or why the electronics suck, or why no girl will ever let me touch them again if I buy said product. Jokes aside, I really do need specifics because that's how I choose an instrument.
Your best bet is to go into a shop and play EVERYTHING in your price range on an amp similar to your own. I dont like either manufacturer. Quality of manufacture in the $$range I've had has not been even comparable to ibanez/ prs se/ esp ltd, or the three epi lp's i've played.
Thats for schecter, ive never played a bc rich.
Quote by DimebagZappa
Your best bet is to go into a shop and play EVERYTHING in your price range on an amp similar to your own. I dont like either manufacturer. Quality of manufacture in the $$range I've had has not been even comparable to ibanez/ prs se/ esp ltd, or the three epi lp's i've played.
Thats for schecter, ive never played a bc rich.

Unfortunately I cannot find either one, and the guitars i've tried I don't like. I already own a ESP-LTD EC-1000.

I've played both Ibanez and PRS guitars in that price range, and I don't really like ibanex or PRS that much. I recognize they are excellent guitars and are not bad by any stretch, I personally don't like them is all. Even as far as online reviews go, neither guitar has many reviews.

Again I can respect anyones opinion on night liking either option, but most people here are just saying 'i don't like it'. It would be super helpful what one does not like about it, or what one does like about it.
Dislikes:
Bc rich cde- Painted neck
Way too much binding
Cant find neck specs. Likely too fat and possibly 'c' shaped
Maple veneer.

Schecter solo 6 c- set neck
Shorter scale length/ 22 frets.
Might be veneer?

That bc rich has alot going on. It like an ed hardy shirt made into a guitar.
I would enjoy killing it with fire.
Quote by DimebagZappa
Dislikes:
Bc rich cde- Painted neck
Way too much binding
Cant find neck specs. Likely too fat and possibly 'c' shaped
Maple veneer.

Schecter solo 6 c- set neck
Shorter scale length/ 22 frets.
Might be veneer?

That bc rich has alot going on. It like an ed hardy shirt made into a guitar.
I would enjoy killing it with fire.

This is more along the lines of what I was looking for. I don't mind the shorter scale length, is this more of a preference thing?
I dont know exactly why, but im almost certain longer lengths puts the notes further apart, making for larger frets. I hate running out of frets. I want the 27 fret xiphos.

then i'll show that damn ralph macchio.
the scale length shouldnt be a problem, its the exact same scale length as your 24 fret ec1000. It just sacrifices 2 frets to put the neck pickup a bit higher and get a more jazzy sound.
Marty Friedman is GOD!

My Gear:

Ibanez RG321mh
Fender GDC-200sce
also the bc rich has a longer scale length than your ec, so stretches and scales will feel waaaaay different. And switching between the 2 will be awkward.
Marty Friedman is GOD!

My Gear:

Ibanez RG321mh
Fender GDC-200sce
Quote by bustapr
also the bc rich has a longer scale length than your ec, so stretches and scales will feel waaaaay different. And switching between the 2 will be awkward.

Wrong.

I have both 25.5" and 23.75" guitars, and switching between them is really no big deal. I honestly can hardly even notice. Its only a 3/4 inch difference and if you divide that over all the frets its an average of .03" difference per fret.

No big deal.
Where's Waldo?
I had a hard time adjusting to my epi lp the first week, but its quite easy switching now. Definately noticed. Playing my buddys arz800 (25") vs most of mine @ 25.5" there was no difference in feel for me. Except it has a fat neck.
$700 - $750 is not too far from a used Gibson SG. Likewise, a used Fender Tele could be close at that level. These have stood the test of time and will hold value if not appreciate.