want to learn a melodic scale or a scale that can be very melodic...good for soloing

im an intermediate guitar player

scales I mostly use is the minor pentatonic scale and the natural minor scale
"its not the destination.... so much as the journey" one once said
What is this... I don't even.

Natural minor and major scales are about as "melodic" as it gets, but any scale is only as melodic as you make it. I think what you want to learn are phrases and perhaps how to utilize your scales in an improvisation over different kinds of chord progressions.
Last edited by Ascendant at Sep 20, 2011,
playing scales straight ahead could be very boring..but play melodic patterns withing the scale and your playing takes on a whole new direction...do a web search...type in melodic patterns for guitar....that should keep you busy for a very long time

play well

wolf
Scales are only more melodic than one another when you playing chords, not soloing.
What do you guys listen to when playing video games?
Quote by DemonicSamurai

Quote by T3hdude

Men fapping.

Sorry, didn't realize I was that loud.

I'll be leaving your closet now.
Quote by Marqway

scales I mostly use is the minor pentatonic scale and the natural minor scale

Learn the major scale.
Quote by wolflen
playing scales straight ahead could be very boring..but play melodic patterns withing the scale and your playing takes on a whole new direction...do a web search...type in melodic patterns for guitar....that should keep you busy for a very long time

play well

wolf

thanx
Quote by Ascendant
What is this... I don't even.

Natural minor and major scales are about as "melodic" as it gets, but any scale is only as melodic as you make it. I think what you want to learn are phrases and perhaps how to utilize your scales in an improvisation over different kinds of chord progressions.

yep that sounds bout right, thanx
no trolling plz
People say the major scale is melodic. That's true, but only if you know what you're doing.

If you don't know what you're doing it's easier to improvise melodically using just the notes from pentatonic scales. There's less chance of dissonance.

If you don't mind your music sounding like folk, try the major pentatonic.