Fender American Deluxe HSS Stratocaster
12 30%
PRS Custom 24
24 60%
PRS Studio
4 10%
Voters: 40.
Hi guys,

you may have realised that lately im been starting MANY threads about gear being i am on a guitar gear shopping spree and i want to get over with it!!!
i am interested it getting a new guitar because i would like more tonal diversity (not nessaccerily in one guitar, just my rig altogether). The 3 Guitars i have come down to are:

Fender American Deluxe HSS Stratocaster

PRS Custom 24

PRS Studio

I know that PRS are widely considered the most versatile guitars around but i personally feel that the new fender american deluxe is more versatile and i would love to have a strat in my arsenal (i would also love a PRS).

I currently have a les paul studio with a p-94 in the bridge so i have humbuckers and p-90s and therefore i am leaning toward the fender because i think it has the greatest single coil sounds around and single coils are the types of pickups i am aiming for. BUT even i love my Gibson P-94 pup, i am still missing the humbucker in the bridge position for distortion which i why i want to know whether the fender DH-1 Humbucker is any good. I know that the PRS Humbuckers are top notch and they have have coil splitting (which although it will never be as good as single coil, its still good) and PRS guitars are also THE MOST BEAUTIFUL GUITARS in the world but the strat is also very nice.

the fact that the fender is HSS, has Pickup Bypassing, coil splitting, the S-1 Button and is cheaper makes me lean towards it and also most of the artists that i like use strats or les pauls which would also be a bonus.
The reason that the strat being cheaper is bonus (apart from the obvious) is that i am also going to be getting and egnater renegade 112 at the same time and i dont wont to spend millions.

i like: RHCP, Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin and Slash but RHCP is by far my favourite so the tone im looking for is a sort of crunchy/slightly overdriven tone but i also want to know how the humbucker deals the with distortion turned half way up (i want a smooth lead/solo sound). (this is about the strat, i know what a PRS is like).

so, my question: How will the humbucker on the strat handle overdrive and is it good and should i get the Fender Strat, PRS Custom 24 or PRS Studio?

thanks
PRS>Fender any day of the week in my book. The only fenders I have ever really liked are the Tele's.

Fender HB's I have always found lacking a little for me.

Also the PRS will be of much higher QC than any non Custom shop Fender.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
guys, please just remember to take into account everything i said about the bands i like, wanting single coils, finance etc. not just the guitar that you like better.
and please comment aswell as voting on the poll as i want to know why to choose one or another
there are tons of versatile guitars at that kind of price if that's what you're after- suhr, tyler, tom anderson, nik huber, prs, etc. etc. etc.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I think the Fender would be better for you. Is the PRS a better all around guitar? Yes, but for the niche you need to fill I think you'll be happier with the Fender. I don't know how the humbucker on the strat will respond to gain, though. It will probably sound like it has a little less "body" just because of the differences in body construction and materials but you can probably compensate if you don't like the stock one by sticking a different humbucker in there. Plus, you can get some really sweet pickups with the leftover money you'd have from not buying the PRS.
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
PRS, definitely. Speaking as someone who plays a Custom 24 as my main guitar now, definitely go for it, you won't regret a thing. I just got mine last thursday and haven't even touched my other guitars since then. Definitely worth the hell of a lot of money it costs. It can play any style of music, really, from high gain heavy tones to to beautiful clean sounds, and everything inbetween.
Oh, and with the PRS, it's got, in the pickup selector, you can choose humbucker or single coil options, basically like a coil tap but in the pickup selector instead, it's quite cool. But go down to the local guitar shop or whatever, and see for yourself.
Quote by G0dzilla
. But go down to the local guitar shop or whatever, and see for yourself.

+1
It's not like those are obscure makes; go to your local guitar shop and play them. You never know, even if everyone here says PRS, if you go to a shop and find a good fender and you think the neck is sweet and you like the humbucker tone, that's the one for you!
Quote by the evil edge
+1
It's not like those are obscure makes; go to your local guitar shop and play them. You never know, even if everyone here says PRS, if you go to a shop and find a good fender and you think the neck is sweet and you like the humbucker tone, that's the one for you!

Thanks, I have lessons in my local guitar shop so I can try out any guitar I want ther but although the owner (and my teacher) loves fender they dont sell prs guitars so i will have to drive for 45 mins to another city to try out a prs but i will dedfinately do so. and I will buy one of them for myself in 6 months for my birthday. I just like doing my research beforehand so that I don't make any stupid choices and regret my decisions.
Quote by itamar101
Thanks, I have lessons in my local guitar shop so I can try out any guitar I want ther but although the owner (and my teacher) loves fender they dont sell prs guitars so i will have to drive for 45 mins to another city to try out a prs but i will dedfinately do so. and I will buy one of them for myself in 6 months for my birthday. I just like doing my research beforehand so that I don't make any stupid choices and regret my decisions.

Good call, that is the best way to choose for yourself
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate