Page 1 of 5
Seriously, besides the reason that it creates mutants, why is it morally wrong?

I mean, isn't it more convenient to sleep with your mother instead of going out and looking for someone?
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Wait... Incest is wrong?

Oh God, I've made a big mistake.
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
I guess its not in some sense, its just how we perceive it because of our culture and 'morals'

Edit: I just read you post all the way, i thought you was taling about brothers and sisters.

Sleeping with your mother is pretty fucked up, what made you think of that?
Last edited by smokeysteve22 at Sep 20, 2011,
Quote by GbAdimDb5m7

I mean, isn't it more convenient to sleep with your mother instead of going out and looking for someone?

I'm not even shocked that I'm reading this when I realised it was your thread.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Because if incest wasn't frowned upon, we'd all be Greek Gods and Goddesses.
May the Force be with You.
Carmel is hawt
So this is where I left my /b/
"Social correctness has traditionally had nothing whatever to do with reason, logic, or physics. In fact, in England it is generally considered socially incorrect to know stuff or think about things."
-Douglas Adams
Quote by GbAdimDb5m7

Motherfucker just took on a whole new meaning. Actually that's what the word originally was used to describe, one who slept with their mother.
Quote by vagelier
i've read the thread about your oedipus complex. get help or stop trolling.

I didn't say I was talking about myself in this thread.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
welcome back
Quote by Robchappers
Ha ha love you to dude ;-)

Quote by fearofthemark
10/10 Slater is amazing

Fender Deluxe Roadhouse Strat
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Washburn D46S
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Fulltone OCD Overdrive
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
MXR M-148 Micro Chorus
Jet City JCA2112RC 20W
No wonder people don't like Israel.
Quote by GbAdimDb5m7

HIGH FIVE!!!!!! US ISRAELIS ARE SO COOL!!! YOURE A MOTHER****ER AND IM PSYCHIC!!! no one makes better threads than Israelis!!!!
Quote by GbAdimDb5m7

Is this you?
A Cultural Anthropology, Sociology, or Social Problems class will answer all your questions about the Oedipus complex and incest.
Treble>Epiphone Prophecy EX - MXR micro Amp - MXR Blue Box - MXR Fullbore - MXR Noise Clamp - Vox AD30VT
Bass>Ibanez BTB505 - MXR Blowtorch - MXR D.I. - Peavey MaxBass 700 - Peavey TVX410
I've heard an evolutionist approach on this that seemed pretty valid...
I'll try to put it as correctly as possible, I can't promise you that it's entirely correct.

It's (according to this approach) a consequence of the high chance of handicapped babies/mutants (as TS put it delicately). If this were to happen a lot, the human species would barely be able to survive (because too much of the genepool has been contaminated). So, evolution "taught" primates that it's dangerous to sleep with relatives. I'll explain the "taught": if you're not inclined to sleep with your sister/mother/... (something that could be encoded genetically up to a certain level), you're less likely to have mutated offspring than someone who is inclined. So your genes are more likely to survive, so it's more likely that the next generation also won't do their relatives. This goes on until it's actually something that repulses you (or at least, should repulse you), and thus becomes morally wrong (for those that are repulsed by it...).

I don't know how much sense this makes to all of you, because it's pretty much off the top of my head
Gear:
Fender Jazzmaster
Boss DS-2
Digitech RP150 (with Line6 EX-1 Exp pedal)
Orange Crush 30R

My Youtube Page
Read this!You know you really want to...

I would cause your convenience an inconvenience.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Incest is perfectly acceptable... if it's between hot women who are not related to me.

Otherwise, it's sick. Sick and wrong.
Mother = no no.

Solution: cousins. Would that satisfy your... complex?
I think it's time for a change.

Sig v5.0 (approximate)
Why can't you fall in love or at least just have sex with a girl/woman/man/animal that is not part of your family?
Some cultures use to ONLY wed within the family, cousins to cousins and whatnot. It was for business and royal reasons, and use to be perfectly acceptable.

It is a myth that incest = mutations. Mutations do occur after incest is performed multiple times from one generation to the next.

Like say, you and your sister start fondiling eachother and have two kids, then they see mommy and daddy/aunt and uncle fondiling eachother so they follow suit, then is when you start having genetic mutations.
Treble>Epiphone Prophecy EX - MXR micro Amp - MXR Blue Box - MXR Fullbore - MXR Noise Clamp - Vox AD30VT
Bass>Ibanez BTB505 - MXR Blowtorch - MXR D.I. - Peavey MaxBass 700 - Peavey TVX410
Quote by Vypor
Some cultures use to ONLY wed within the family, cousins to cousins and whatnot. It was for business and royal reasons, and use to be perfectly acceptable.

It is a myth that incest = mutations. Mutations do occur after incest is performed multiple times from one generation to the next.

Like say, you and your sister start fondiling eachother and have two kids, then they see mommy and daddy/aunt and uncle fondiling eachother so they follow suit, then is when you start having genetic mutations.

My family marries siblings, like bawses.

This thread...

████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Because your mother is what created you.. and bought you up, it just isn't right. Doing any of your family is just wrong.
it's the religious people. they hate fun, so they ban everything fun. including incest.

actually, i remember my sociology teacher said it's to reduce competition within a family, so that way parents wouldn't have to compete against their children over their partner, and also because it would cause dissonance in terms of sociological roles, in other words it would be confusing for a person to be both someone's father and partner, for example. though he wasn't a very competent teacher, so i don't know if any of that is true, but it sort of makes some sense.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Last edited by theogonia777 at Sep 20, 2011,
Quote by smokeysteve22
I guess its not in some sense, its just how we perceive it because of our culture and 'morals'

Edit: I just read you post all the way, i thought you was taling about brothers and sisters.

Sleeping with your mother is pretty fucked up, what made you think of that?

...And sleeping with your brothers and sisters isn't?
Because you would get ****ed up situations where your father could also be your half-brother and the children you make with your mother would then have to call your half-brother/father grandpa and uncle at the same time.
It would make inheritances much more complicated -> even more lawyers needed -> the world becomes even more ****ed up -> we're doomed.
Just because I have some strong opinions doesn't mean I agree with everything I say.
Quote by bloodtrocuted93
...And sleeping with your brothers and sisters isn't?

Course, but I think having sex with your own mother is 100x worse than having sex with your sister.

Both bad but one just stands out worse for me.
Quote by FlashNinja

Is this you?

Beat me to it..
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Quote by genghisgandhi
Good to have you back.

This.
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Page 1 of 5