So I've been reading around and I'm fairly certain that I don't know everything I need to know about pedals before going out and buying a whole bunch. I have never owned a pedal in my life and am about to purchase an entire setup (which isn't much).

My setup will be a boss tuner, a vox wah and a harmonist from boss. What would be the best way of powering these? I hear I can use a 9v battery or some sort of adapter. Do I need a power supply like the VooDoo labs pedal power 2? What would be the best of options for such a simple setup like mine? How should I order the signal path?

Thanks.

EDIT: This is all under the assumption that buying 3 individual pedals will be better for me in the long run than purchasing an entire multi-effects pedal board due to the fact that I don't want a huge range of effects; but rather a simple 3 pedal chain. If I'm incorrect, please correct me.
Last edited by nignog at Sep 20, 2011,
For number of pedals, look into a One Spot and Daisy Chaining them. The Voodoo Labs is overkill for even half a dozen pedals tbh (depending on the current draw of those pedals, but you don't have to worry about that).
Epi Explorer
Squier Vintage Modified Tele

Dunlop Crybaby (modded)
TC Polytune
Marshall ED-1
Vexter Box of Rock
Harmonic Jerkulator (home made)
Boss CE-3
Line6 Echo Park

Modified Traynor YCV40
Fender Super Champ XD
^daisy chaining them will work just fine. there is no need for a power supply for only 3 pedals.

also, i personally prefer my korg pitch-black tuner to the boss because it is far simply and a much easier to read display. i also prefer dunlop or morley wah's to the vox ones. the vox and crybaby's are essentially the same things but dunlop has a greater number of different ones for a variety of different styles. the morley wah's have a nice feature (only one of the crybaby wah's has this) where all it takes to turn it on is to simply put your foot on the pedal
Quote by andrerist
^daisy chaining them will work just fine. there is no need for a power supply for only 3 pedals.

also, i personally prefer my korg pitch-black tuner to the boss because it is far simply and a much easier to read display. i also prefer dunlop or morley wah's to the vox ones. the vox and crybaby's are essentially the same things but dunlop has a greater number of different ones for a variety of different styles. the morley wah's have a nice feature (only one of the crybaby wah's has this) where all it takes to turn it on is to simply put your foot on the pedal

That feature is one of the reasons I got rid of my Bad Horsie 2.
Well, that and I like my modded GCB-95 better.
I want a wah that you can park. As far as I know, can't do that with the Morley.
But maybe I missed that if its possible. I didn't keep it very long.
It was a nice wah pedal though. Sounded OK.
not all Morley's are foot activted. my classic morley has a footswtch off to the side which i like better than having to push down on the wah to activate the switch. it does have the optical system insteda of a pot which is cool.

OP get a One Spot i only use 4 pedals myself and that is all i need to run them.