Hey guys. So I have about 3000 u.s. to spend on a new guitar. Its alot, but I have no kids/family/mortgage, etc. so imma get it out of the way before the going gets hard. I want an 8 with high quality craftsmanship, sound, and feel. The problem is, I can't make up my mind. And living in Alaska makes it impossible to play all the guitars i've been pouring over recently to get some sort of comparison. So im asking for your thoughts, recommendations, experiences, suggestions, anything. The main company i've been considering is Guerilla out of canada for reasons obvious to anyone who's seen their guitars. Im just not totally sure if the bang matches the buck. Also, stephen carpenter 8s look pretty nice, and substantially cheaper. The last option im currently considering is to just get another 7, one of the new Music Man JPX's, mainly because BOO has great things to say about them.
Any input at all would be greatly appreciated, and thank you for your time.
Quote by mr.cheese..
Now I've got it! Masturbate in the mud while smoking weed!

Quote by darkstar2466
Meaning is not absolute.
Ibanez should do you well, though the RG2228 is only 2 grand, I don't know if they have J custom 8 strings.

OR you could just place an order at a custom shop, say blackmachine - and by the time they get around to doing that, you'll have enough for one.
Where's Waldo?
metal = ESP really. Maybe I'm biased, but if you like Metallica you'd know that they use ESPs. They're really awesome instruments and I've tried the 1000 series and damn they're awesome, I'm guessing ESPs are far better than LTDs
Gibson Firebird 70s Tribute
Orange TH30
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Big Muff Pi
Definitely for metal. Jackson has some sweet sevens, but no eights. custom maybe? idk even know if they would.

I've never been an Ibanez guy, but that 2228 has been on my list for a while. only thing that kills me is bolt on, but same could be said about the jpx. and THANK YOU for showing me blackmachine, never even heard of that company before, i'll keep them on my radar. any other sweet custom shops?

and if i was going to go esp, i'd probably just save up another 800 and get the stef-8. thing looks gorgeous.
Quote by mr.cheese..

Quote by darkstar2466
Meaning is not absolute.
Quote by metalhead_99801
THANK YOU for showing me blackmachine, never even heard of that company before, i'll keep them on my radar. any other sweet custom shops?

Hufschmid
Vik
Dæmoness

Just off of the top of my head.
Where's Waldo?
so apparently blackmachine build to order is out of commission for 2011, i'll have to wait and see what he comes up with for specials.
Quote by mr.cheese..

Quote by darkstar2466
Meaning is not absolute.
but those other three companies nearly evacuated my bowels. thank you again for lookin out.
Quote by mr.cheese..

Quote by darkstar2466
Meaning is not absolute.
Quote by metalhead_99801
thank you again for lookin out.

No problem. You might be able to get Bernie Rico JR to make you one, but I really have no idea. And if you must you could deal business with Ed(ouche) Roman, but that will be one hell of an NGD to post on here
Where's Waldo?