Now I've got about £450 to spend on a new guitar and I'd like it to cope nicely with bands such as Wolfmother and Queens Of The Stone Age. I've been toying with the idea of a used Gibson SG Special but I can't quite find the right one. Also I've been looking at the Fender Blacktop Series (in particular the Tele), but I'm still unsure. Currently I've got a Fender 70s Reissue Strat running through a Blackstar HT-20 if that helps. All help and further suggestions are welcome.
I am not 100% sure but dont both Wolfmother and QotSA use guitars equipped with humbuckers? I would say look at the SG be it Gibson or Epiphone whichever flavor you want I am not gunna be name biased or anything, I would play around with a wide variety of bucker equipped guitars and see which one suits your ear.
Quote by ne14t
I am not 100% sure but dont both Wolfmother and QotSA use guitars equipped with humbuckers? I would say look at the SG be it Gibson or Epiphone whichever flavor you want I am not gunna be name biased or anything, I would play around with a wide variety of bucker equipped guitars and see which one suits your ear.

The Blacktop Fenders have humbuckers.

Andrew Stockdale uses a SG, i think.
Josh Homme uses a bunch of guitars, but a fuzz is a big part of his sound.

The SG Special looks nice
blacktop tele would be okay, the pickups may be a little low on output, but it would definitely work.

maybe try and find if you can get a G&L tele w/humbuckers (used they tend to be fairly affordable). the pickups are quite good and the playability is great