imo its not a good guitar. A friend owned one so I played it a couple times and I didn't really like the feel of it. Also he has nothing but trouble with the guitar seems like there is something broke every week. I suggest to look for another guitar maybe a Ibanez? they make some pretty good cheap guitars.
well im looking for 100-200ish range. Any suggestions?
Hi, you're better than me. Have a nice day!
It's actually not bad at all for a starter-intermediate, but certainly wouldn't suggest it if you're a very advanced player.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
I own an MLX, and while the MLXM looks to be a step down(I've never seen pawlonia wood on anything above the $300 mark so Iunno how it sounds), the MLX suited me fine when I got it for Metallica, Megadeth, Pantera, Anthrax, that kinda stuff(about 9 months into playing). After a while, you'll most likely want a pickup swap, and the fret access past the 17th fret's not very good, but it's not NEARLY as bad a guitar as people say it is, it can take a beating and it's just as good as an Epi Standard IMO(build quality mightn't be as good, but it stays in tune just as good, sounds good for a $300 guitar and I find it's more comfortable).
Quote by SlayingDragons
Nah, I prefer to tune lower. My tunings usually go into weird Hebrew symbols.
Pick up suggestions? The MLX I'm looking at is beautiful and I will most likely get that instead. But what kinda pickups will I need so the guitar doesn't have that AID's like sound?

EDIT: Will the James Hetfield signature series pickups sound good?

Re-EDIT: Nvm they are too expensive.

So question stands on what should i get for the MLX?
Last edited by Kilty Boxers at Sep 20, 2011,
I went with a DiMarzio Super Distortion in the bridge and a PAF Pro in the neck, and I think it kicks ass, if you're going real heavy though and if you're droptuning I'd go for an X2N in the bridge. As for the Hetfield set, Iunno, they look nice but you'd have to completely rewire the guitar for active pickups too.
Quote by SlayingDragons
Nah, I prefer to tune lower. My tunings usually go into weird Hebrew symbols.
Umm would you be so kind to give me the links to those pick ups? *puppy face*

Edit: The first 2 you mentioned not the one for droptuning.
Last edited by Kilty Boxers at Sep 20, 2011,