Ok, so I havent seriously played guitar for atleast a year and a half now, and for some reason yesterday I got an urge to play again. Only problem, I sold my amp. Im not going to be gigging or playing in a band anytime soon so i dont need a big amp, just one that sounds good. I play classic rock/early metal/thrash metal, and I was looking into getting one of the real low wattage tube amps and running a distorion pedal in front of it. My budget is around $250. Id appreciate any ideas you guys have, and im not totally set on getting a tube amp if theres a better option out there. Thanks
v5 with od pedal
or ac4
Mr. Zachary Vex on the fuzz probe: "Congratulations. You must be insane. Even I don't get how to use this pedal".
fulltone fulldrive od
green rhino od
ocd od/distortion with 18 volt
maybe lovepedal superlead distortion
hardwire tube overdrive for less money
for any of the above amps

probably class 5 and vht are higher rated
Mr. Zachary Vex on the fuzz probe: "Congratulations. You must be insane. Even I don't get how to use this pedal".
Personally I'd rather use ~$200 of that $250 and look for a nice tube amp on Craigslist. The 5 watters have drawbacks. The small cabinet and speaker being a big one. Also 5 watters don't really have the power to deliver the low end punch. Yes they can get loud, but the low freq power won't be there.

For example this Blues Jr is on my CL right now. I'd rather get the amp now and save up for an OD later. Like the MXR Classic OD at GC for $40. Or even find a used TS7 for $25. See them all the time.

http://orlando.craigslist.org/msg/2601285513.html