Page 5 of 23
holy shit haha that's wicked ^

also matt you truly are a chump for forgetting

Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.
If any of you are looking to explore the visual side of things, ELP live at The Isle of Wight is an absolute must...utter sequinned insanity. You'll never see a man stab an organ quite like it.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Quote by AnnihiSlateR
That's cause it is

*picture*

Goddamn

As for the music, I've been clyding some of it. Alas, I hoped it would be more... celestial, less psychedelic. Not bad at all, however!
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

Quote by progbass
I really like most of his work, though I must admit the FF9 soundtrack is far beyond his other works, with FF6 being the closest.

The Burmecian / Freija's theme will crush your soul. The title theme is really good too, I think its called "We will return to this place someday".

its largely a neo-renaissance styled suite, but very enjoyable even for those who don't care for that stuff.

he actually has a pseudo prog band that plays his compositions in a rock aesthetic called the Black Mages. I've been half heartedly searching for a rip of the music but to no avail

Black Mages II and III are amazing albums but the band broke up a while ago which sucks... A lot. BUT he's working on a new project 'Earthbound Papas' at the moment.

Nobuo Uematsu is one of if not the greatest modern composer.

/fanboy
Quote by PwarDuex
your name is about as funny as a burning orphanage

I debated putting Birds of Fire up there, and Romantic Warrior, and possibly that Dimeola album.
HESSIAN HAREM
FOR THE ADVANCEMENT OF THE HESSIAN CULTURE. STAY TRUE.
All 3, thank you.

"Elegant Gypsy", right?

And Museo Rosenbach...
Philosophy > Life
Last edited by MoogleRancha at Sep 23, 2011,
Later this weekend, I will submit my version of the list. And as democracy goes, the two of us will debate and decide.

The final will be a synthesis of ours.

Any suggestions will be ignored.

Democracy!
Philosophy > Life
What in the hell...?

Check out the album "Third Reich 'n' Roll"

But anyway, my second post. Yay or nay?
Philosophy > Life
I thought I didn't have a choice really...

If they are too dissimilar it won't work at all, there has to be overlap, or at least general things we can agree upon. Maybe a modification of the original list would serve better than a complete overhaul? I don't feel like Its really that terrible
HESSIAN HAREM
Oh, of course it's not too terrible. I just think that there should be some extent of categorization and a great deal of addition to it.
Philosophy > Life
Yeah I just think the way you organized it is shite... having only one album per band in a "a album category" and every other album in the "b album category". Doesn't make any sense.
Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.
Ah, but what we could do, Mr. Proggerz, is both you and I can rate the albums out of ten individually AND take the mean and use it to favorite them.

Bah, fukk it, I have no idea what I'm talking about
Philosophy > Life
Mysterio there is a lack of 666
lstfm

I'm a Nazi, baby
I'm a Nazi, yes I am
I'm a Nazi schatzi, you know I'll fight for the Fatherland
Quote by MoogleRancha
Ah, but what we could do, Mr. Proggerz, is both you and I can rate the albums out of ten individually AND take the mean and use it to favorite them.

Bah, fukk it, I have no idea what I'm talking about

I suppose, but Sean has the right idea. What's stopping any of you from reviewing an album, rating it, and posting it here for discussion?
HESSIAN HAREM
Quote by progbass
I suppose, but Sean has the right idea. What's stopping any of you from reviewing an album, rating it, and posting it here for discussion?

Agreed, definitely.

Guess I'm a stickler for lists
Philosophy > Life
You're a stickler for men's butts
lstfm

I'm a Nazi, baby
I'm a Nazi, yes I am
dunno wut i want but i kno how 2 get it
lstfm

I'm a Nazi, baby
I'm a Nazi, yes I am
Black devil comin' down your street
Dark leather rider turnin up the heat
Gonorrheal penis stabbing rot cunt
Really sexy hot fun
lstfm

I'm a Nazi, baby
I'm a Nazi, yes I am
...fail
Free your mind and your ass will follow
The kingdom of heaven is within
Open up your funky mind and you can fly

Sumdeus
Quote by The Virtuoso

I ought to bitch slap you Proggy for leaving this album out (I'd say further listening), as well as putting Red above In the Court of the Crimson King!

Where the hell is Jacula, Antonius Rex?

Perhaps consider adding Guapo, and Krokodil (An Invisible World Revealed) as well?

This may be painfully obvious and not befitting of Hessian values, but The Mars Volta-Deloused in the Comatorium (that's the only album I would add)?
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
In Progbass' defense, he did just do the list off the top of his head.

We can't be too harsh on the little guy.
In his defense, he's 10 thousand kilometers away from my foot, which is dying to kick his ass.

WHAT.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
So, just listened to Over-Nite Sensation last night. Apparently Zappa's the man. Such a good album, loved the raunchy, bar feel it gave while being progressive at the same time. I like that the songwriting was so eccentric and unconventional music without resorting to 5/4 timing signatures, twenty minute song longs, inclusion of a mellotron in every song, you get the idea... Oh, and Zappa's extended solo jam sessions - magnificent. Perfect amount of dissonance and sloppiness. I feel like I got trampled on. So... What album is next for Zappa?
Quote by severed-metal
In Progbass' defense, he did just do the list off the top of his head.

We can't be too harsh on the little guy.

Fine, I'll let him off the hook this time, but if it happens again then I am unleashing Dead-Fish on him.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
which caravan albums should i get? I'm guessing all up to Better By Far since prog bands tend to dip in quality after the 70's but correct me if i'm wrong, don't wanna miss a good record/get a not so good record
Free your mind and your ass will follow
The kingdom of heaven is within
Open up your funky mind and you can fly

Sumdeus
Quote by romencer17
which caravan albums should i get? I'm guessing all up to Better By Far since prog bands tend to dip in quality after the 70's but correct me if i'm wrong, don't wanna miss a good record/get a not so good record

I only have In The Land of Grey and Pink and If I could do it Again, I'd do it All Over You. But both are fantastic albums, and amongst my favourites.