okay im trying to learn solos and when ever i do exactly whats in the tab it sounds completly wrong to me. is it me? i guess im asking if you can give me tips on how to solo like what amp settings what pickup to use and how to bend corectly
just tried learning still loving you by the scorpions all the tabs sound off it must be my playing
Can't recall that song off the top of my head, but often guitarists will use effects pedals, wah, whammy and vibrato that can't be accurately tabbed out. I'm assuming it just sounds kinda "Stale" when you play it, like it's got no soul and you're just playing it note-for-note like a robot? Try doing your own things. Do a slide to some notes, play it with hammers/pulloffs in different places, use Whammy/Wah/Vibrato, etc. Just play what comes naturally; You'll probably stray away from the original solo as it was written, but end up with your own unique take on it that works. Do you honestly see people live playing their solo's note-for-note? Maybe, but usually they change em up a bit so each performance is unique. Try it, you'll surprise yourself.
"Sounds completely wrong" is kind of vague, but from your tone, I'm assuming it just sounds like all the notes are wrong.

I'm not very sure whether the song is in standard (Hell, I don't even know the song), so I'll be pointing out some stuff that may be obvious to you.

1) Are you sure your guitar is tuned to the song?
2) Are you sure your guitar is tuned accurately?
3) Are you sure your guitar is properly intonated?

Edit: Just re-read your post. A song "sounding completely wrong" has almost definitely nothing to do with your amp settings, or which pickup you're using.
Last edited by triface at Sep 20, 2011,
Sorry let me rephrase that. They either sound to deep or to high. Or dull or way to bright
the best I can explain it is the notes are right but the tone is off. I'm running a js32 king v through a line 6 spider if 75 with a boss me 25 multi effect pedal if that helps at all
Play around with High/Treble, Mid, Low/Bass? If it's too bright, turn the Highs/Treble down or turn the Low/Bass up to match it, and vice-versa. Don't scoop the mids?
I have the bass treble and mids at 5 I'm changing the settings through the pedal their is a drive tone and volume knob that's it
It sounds really bland. I want to make them stand out and match the tone in the recording
Ah. There we go.

Keep in mind that once all the drums and bass are in the mix, your tone will sound different. There is a possibility that you're using the same setup as the guitarist, but it just sounds different because there aren't any other instruments.
Oh ya and for the people who havnt heard it the song still loving you is by the scorpions
Okay I have had this problem with every solo I learnt maybe it's time to start playing along with the song and mess with my tone do you have any tips
Play the song from an MP3 player or Computer or Stereo, turn your amp up to match the volume so that it fits without overpowering the song, and play to it. Or find a Backing Track.
this isn't the correct forum to be asking about how to use your equipment.

If you have questions about technique then ask away, if you want to talk about your amp then you need to post in Guitar Gear and Accessories.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
To be fair, he seemed to believe his technique was playing a role in his playing not sounding exactly the same.
I knoe, just want to make sure everyone stays on topic.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com