stacks...i use 2 books which i find are great resources on arpeggios. The Guitar Grimoire Chords and Voicings book, and another book by a dude named Don Latarski (actually all his theory books are pretty good).
Artful Arpeggios by Don Mock
I'd like to help, but not as much as I'd like not to.

"To be successful, you need to be a good musician. To be popular, you just need to be fashionable" - Ritchie Blackmore
I would save your pennies and learn chord construction. The whole fretboard will then be at your mercy.... unless your looking for something in particular about usage of arpeggios.... even then, people here are knowledgeable enough to help you.

I'd hold yer horses for a sec before going out and buying books. What is it exactly that you want to know about them?
An arpeggio is the notes of a chord broken up over time, with a variety of possible patterns (in terms of how the notes are arranged and treated rythmically), and numerous possible techniques to be executed with (finger-style arpeggiation, sweeped arpeggios, alternate picked arpeggios, string skipped arpeggios, tapped arpeggios, etc.).

I agree with mdc. With understanding of chord construction, you understand arpeggio construction by extension, and fret patterns should become visible across the whole neck accordingly. It's then a question of what you do with it, which involves theory and intuition (which aren't always necessarily dichotomous), as well as at least one technique of choice to execute it with.
Last edited by Brainpolice2 at Sep 21, 2011,
I pretty much make up chords based on power chords/open position ones with added notes etc. I really should get a book...
Dude, where's my band?
You should learn the notes of the fret board. Then learn how to make standard triads. After that you can basically make arpeggios all over the neck.

Quote by Gunpowder
Thrashturbating? Most metal of all ways to pleasure oneself.