I read an interesting interview of Steve Vai, and he briefly discussed a man by the name of Warren Berrigian and his experience with him It has to do with the voice and its relationship to the psychology of the speaker:

Warren's approach and concept of increasing a person's vocal potential is unique. He feels that the way we speak, our voice, is a reflection of our whole psychological makeup. This psychological makeup is built on life events and our experiences. If you can address some of these issues that we are necessarily conscious of and exorcise our psyche of them, our ability to express ourselves changes. Warren brings you to these altered states of consciousness and for me, these were probably some of the more profound experiences I have ever had in any kind of a training situation. First it started out with breath control, like rolfing, and then Warren puts this machine that vibrates on your body that hurts, but at the same time, it's a different kind of pain like a psychological pain. I'm very skeptical and he did this and nothing happened. Then he did it again and I woke up on the floor in a fetal position weeping uncontrollably, and thanking him. It definitely triggered something. Through his sessions I think I exorcised a lot of those demons inside. You can hear on the different vocal takes on my album Fire Garden, the change in my voice as I was going through the Bio-metric training.

I found this REALLY interesting. Are there any other resources online or otherwise to study pertaining to this? What would you call this field of research?

The rest of the interview is interesting as well. Have a read: http://www.dcsi.net/~bluesky/vai82.htm
Quote by blackflag49
Condoms, for all the copious amounts of pussy with which you will be inevitably bombarded from this moment onward.

Last edited by bingeandletgo at Sep 20, 2011,
Then he did it again and I woke up on the floor in a fetal position weeping uncontrollably, and thanking him.

I don't think he's talking about voice training here...
Tool
Sleep
Gojira
Puscifer
Neurosis
Sunn O)))
Meshuggah
Modest Mouse
Electric Wizard
Mammoth Grinder

Lucid Dreaming Thread
Quote by chaos13
I don't think he's talking about voice training here...

Well he mentioned that because Berrigian made him relive some traumatic childhood memories as part of the process.
Quote by blackflag49
Condoms, for all the copious amounts of pussy with which you will be inevitably bombarded from this moment onward.

I believe that our mentality has a huge bearing on everything we do.

Also, Vai is the ****ing man.
Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
Nobody? Where can I get more information on this?
Quote by blackflag49

Quote by bingeandletgo
I read an interesting interview of Steve Vai, and he briefly discussed a man by the name of Warren Berrigian and his experience with him It has to do with the voice and its relationship to the psychology of the speaker:

I found this REALLY interesting. Are there any other resources online or otherwise to study pertaining to this? What would you call this field of research?

The rest of the interview is interesting as well. Have a read: http://www.dcsi.net/~bluesky/vai82.htm

sounds like Human Bioacoustic Medicine

http://www.lifespirit.org/SHRI-site-map.htm

see if that's what you're talking about