Hey guys and gals if there are any, know of any awesome Guitar Pro speed training tabs? or even just normal tabs, im looking to build some serious shreading speed, but most practice sessions i have are just with boring scale crap. Any advice or linkage would be greatly appreciated
Gear

Schecter Omen 6
Fender 20watt
Tanglewood Acoustic
Boss MT-2 Distortion Pedal
*looks at poster's avatar/username*

seriously? Master Bat Country, Beast and the Harlot and Lost...

And yes, scales are boring, but they're pretty much the foundation to most solos. Try making high-speed blues/rock/metal jams using some more difficult scales. make it fun, and just be creative. you'll get there.
Yeah i could but as much as i love those songs, i've just listened to his solos so many times that it sorta kills it for me if i try and play it a bazillion times in a row at half speed with the metronome crackin, but yeah i like that idea
Gear

Schecter Omen 6
Fender 20watt
Tanglewood Acoustic
Boss MT-2 Distortion Pedal
Would just like to +1 Deus Ex and suggest you visit the guitar techniques forum, there's a thread called "(TheShred201) Exercises\Songs for Technique " - it's got a few thousand GP exercises in it.
For guitar speed training, you want to play as fast as you can, and then examine your hands critically to find out WHY you can't play faster.

Are you playing with more physical tension than is needed to fret the notes?
Remember, pressing harder on the strings won't make the notes sound any different than if you use a light touch. However, your pick should smash those notes hard!

Are your fingers/pick making HUGE motions?
Think about how you can make your pick move less, but still play with aggression. Think about how you can play with your fingers closer to the fretboard, and reduce how far away they come off when you release the note.

Are your hands getting out of synchronization?
Oftentimes you are picking faster than your fingers can move. It's only a matter of slowing down and practicing picking and fretting notes at the EXACT same time. This requires very slow, precise practice.

There are many more reasons why you can't play fast. But focus on these three very common issues first. You DO have to take the time and effort to practice these things in isolation. If you try to take everything all in at once, it's going to be so much harder to get it right.

These things are KEY in building serious speed. Whatever exercise you're doing right now will be fine. Just apply these ideas and you will really become much, much faster.
Last edited by maltmn at Sep 21, 2011,