Hi folks! I wasnt to happy with the sound i was getting from my strat.
The sound i got from the Dimarzio Dual Sound was too thin.

So i went to my local guitar store and did some pickup browsing. They had many good pickups there but none of them was right for me.

Then he says he has one pickup left. Its a bit more expensiv than the others.

I was blown away! The sound was so huge, it hit you like a train.

Its a handcrafted pickup, made in Santa Barbara, California.

Its the Eddie Van Halen Frankenstein Humbucker.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
HNPD! Any chance of a more detailed description? How's the clarity / string separation? How does it handle huge amounts of gain, how does it sound clean?

Btw you have the exact same color ClipLock as I have with my Ibanez SV5470F! All my friends are always bashing how it looks horrible, but I think it's awesome, so I just advice them to kindly go f*ck themselves : 3
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah
Last edited by The^Unforgiven at Sep 21, 2011,
Quote by The^Unforgiven
HNPD! Any chance of a more detailed description? How's the clarity / string separation? How does it handle huge amounts of gain, how does it sound clean?

I play with a pretty desent amount of gain and it stays clear even so.

But if you play clean it breaks up. Its a pretty hot pickup.

The thing i was suprised of was when you do lets say tapping stuff or one string stuff one the G,B,e the higher strings. It dosent sound thin like many other pickups does.

Its a bit more expensive than other pickups, but its handmade everything that are handmade are more expensive.

Its the perfect replacement pickup for a strat, if you want that fat brown sound you need this pickup
Quote by desperatechris

Its the perfect replacement pickup for a strat, if you want that fat brown sound you need this pickup

Thanks! Thing is, I've been looking for a replacement pup for the bridge position of my SV, and that EVH-kind of tone is what I'm after - distinct, punchy agressive, but not overly heavy. I think I'll look into these and see if I can get my hands on one!
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah
Quote by The^Unforgiven
Thanks! Thing is, I've been looking for a replacement pup for the bridge position of my SV, and that EVH-kind of tone is what I'm after - distinct, punchy agressive, but not overly heavy. I think I'll look into these and see if I can get my hands on one!

Do it! You wont regret.
How much did the pickup itself cost?
I play Lacrosse, you should too
Quote by reeses
heed this man's suggestion, for he is wise.

Aww shucks...

Quote by Tom 1.0
Oh and wait for the Schecter fan boys, if you listen real hard you can already hear them coming.
Quote by Metalfan41
How much did the pickup itself cost?

Well im from Norway so if i convert it ti US dollars it would be 330. You have to remember that guitar stuff are much more expensiv in Norway.
Wow, that's double the cost of one here haha. MF sells 'em for $149.
I play Lacrosse, you should too
Quote by reeses
heed this man's suggestion, for he is wise.

Aww shucks...

Quote by Tom 1.0
Oh and wait for the Schecter fan boys, if you listen real hard you can already hear them coming.